X

clear tail light

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clear tail light

just got the clear tail light with the integrated turn signals in it, bee stinger type and i gotta say i like it. i zip-tied my license plate to the back and drilled a hole in the plastic under the seat for the license plate light. all in all, it looks pretty good. i just sanded down the plastic to match the back plastics. not a bad look on a kat. just wanted to share my excitement with the rest of you kat lovers
    Attached Files
    Last edited by usmckatana; 11-18-2010, 06:12 PM. Reason: added pictures
    '01 600 Kat w/ Vance and Hines Pipe

Always wanted to use that one.
    "Courage is not reckless abandon, or bravery in the absence of fear. It is the knowledge of fear, the wisdom to know the costs of failure, the prudence to minimize those costs, and, in so doing, courage is the mastery of fear. Courage without fear is lunacy."

Comment

i have to figure it out but i will attempt to put up a pic.

bump for pictures
      Last edited by usmckatana; 11-18-2010, 06:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

nice i have the same one on my 2001 kat and i love it. looks so much better than stock and brighter too
        sigpic
        If everyone rode motorcycles there wouldn't be so many idiot drivers

Comment

i totally agree. much brighter and adds a cleaner look to it as well

Comment

How do you wire it up???? Just got mine and will work on it Saturday, but what wires go to what? Sure I can figure it out if I have a Few BEERS and look at it long enough, but some quick details would be helpful!!!!
            99 Ford F150 4x4
            04 Mustang GT
            2010 Camaro SS
            06 GSX600F
            sigpic

Comment

OMG I Absolutely LOVE IT... im thinking of doing something with mine as well but I guess now I know what to do, where did you get the clear lights and was it hard to replace it? I also have my plates on zip-tied with plastic. thank you for the info
              2002 Suzuki GSX-750F
              2007 Subaru Impreza
              2010 Nissan Altima 2.5S

Comment

i forget what color the wires coming off the light are but here is a wiring diagram i used to figure it out.

Originally posted by akeithan View Post
                OMG I Absolutely LOVE IT... im thinking of doing something with mine as well but I guess now I know what to do, where did you get the clear lights and was it hard to replace it? I also have my plates on zip-tied with plastic. thank you for the info
                got mine on ebay
                Last edited by beachflyer; 12-09-2010, 10:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                sigpic

Comment

LMAO your wiring diagram too much
                  I have got to work on my sensitivity ........ok thats over lets get to the next caring moment

Comment

Originally posted by Irish View Post
                    LMAO your wiring diagram too much

???????
                    sigpic

Comment

Wish I could find something for my Pre that looked that good.
                      1996 Katana 600. D&D Custom Paint Job, Vance and Hines Full System, factory pro jet kit.

Comment

Yall arent any help! LOL! I am understanding the plate light and the connector for the brake/tailight parts, but the turn signal wires, how are they wired up there are only 2 wires, no ground wires.... How do they hook up!!!!!??????????????
                        99 Ford F150 4x4
                        04 Mustang GT
                        2010 Camaro SS
                        06 GSX600F
                        sigpic

Comment

Go to Clear Alternatives web site , the wiring info for the unit is there some place
                          If I remember from mine , it uses the same ground for tail /brake and signal
                          Ground is ground
                          Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

so basically the signals are grounded through the brake light? All ya have to do is hook up the 2 single wires for the signals to the power source from the OEM wiring harness???
                            99 Ford F150 4x4
                            04 Mustang GT
                            2010 Camaro SS
                            06 GSX600F
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by csjcsj View Post
                              so basically the signals are grounded through the brake light? All ya have to do is hook up the 2 single wires for the signals to the power source from the OEM wiring harness???
                              I think that is the way
                              I can check for sure in a couple months when mine comes out of storage
                              I tried looking at CA site but all links are dead????
                              Take a picture of the LED board and post , may refresh my memory better

found this and I was right
                              Got a tweaked piece of plastic? Some roughed up paint? Here's the place to get some tips on repairing your Suzuki Katana.

SO just use the + wire from the bike signal harness to the board (it grounds itself form the brake and tail light circuit)
                              The + should be the solid color wire (the - will have a white strip or dots )
                              Last edited by rexazz2; 12-11-2010, 02:08 AM.
                              Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Working...
                              X