No announcement yet.
X

New top triple...still working on it..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New top triple...still working on it..

Well it's been a while since my last mod...but now I have one almost finished...I decided to make a top triple...here are some pics..

This is what the original looks like...just incase you don't know..

This is what I started with:

All drilled and carved out:
    Top: Bottom: Side:

Comparison:

Now I have to fit it on the bike, smooth it our a bit and then anodize it red...I'll post more pics as soon as I finish it...
    Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Hope you're not trying to make it lighter than the original , just kidding, i think it looks great so far.

I was toying with a similar idea back in the winter, but just never found the time to get started.

Can't wait to see the finished product

Comment

Wow, lookin good so far. How close to the original triple are you planning on making it, in terms of the size ?

Comment

I want to keep the thickness around the forks as is...it is a 2 1/4 inch thick block...I hogged out an area where it meets the tank due to the bearing...not sure how thick I should keep it and was planning to hog out possibly some webbing...it is still a work in process...and your right about the weight...it is quite a bit heavier...
        Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084

Comment

What a great place to mill in some extra gauges

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Looks good, can't wait to see the finished product!
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Thats one heck of a of aluminum. Why did you go with 7050?

Comment

I was going to go with 7075 for the stregnth but couldn't find any so I ended up with 7050...I actually have two blocks so I'm thinking of makin the bottom tripple out of it also but gotta finish the top one first...

Comment

Originally posted by Jax
                  I was going to go with 7075 for the stregnth but couldn't find any so I ended up with 7050...I actually have two blocks so I'm thinking of makin the bottom tripple out of it also but gotta finish the top one first...
                  It there that much of a difference between the two? The only reason that I asked is that you usually do not see large chunks of 7000 series lying around.

Comment

Yeah the places I go to have chunks...that was one of the smaller ones..they had a 4 1/2 in chunk and I was thinking of getting it and then splitting it in two but it was way too expensive...2.25lb..because it was scrap..and it weighed over 100lbs...not too cost effective but I would have had 2 triples...go figure...

Comment

Working...
                    X