X

take a measurement on a pre 98

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• take a measurement on a pre 98

can somebody take a center of the bolt to center of the bolt measurement on the front caliper mount ( to the fork lower ) on a pre 98 kat.

thx
    ( if you have a digital camera a good pic might be nice )

tim

what is it you are thinking of doing? I can go out to the garage right now!
    TDA Racing/Motorsports
    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
    Who knows what is next?
    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

I have 3 5/16" center to center. I checked both sides and they are the same. My camera is no good in low light or I would have posted a pic.

Michael
      AMA member # 224227

Comment

Originally posted by THAZKAT
        what is it you are thinking of doing? I can go out to the garage right now!
        i'm thinking about putting the 4 pot calipers from the early kat on a post 98 kat. sound like i'll have to make a braket as the pre hole spacing is longer than the post ( by over an inch )

tim

or maybe have CP come rebuild mine as he's so good at it

Comment

I went out and double checked again, the measurement is as posted. That is on a Pre-98 750, I don't know if the brakes are different on the 600's. You can see a general view of the caliper in this pic...

old pic of my bike
          AMA member # 224227

Comment

Looks the same as mine as well...

Comment

yep, same here! but why the pre98 4 pod I must ask?
              TDA Racing/Motorsports
              1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
              Who knows what is next?
              Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!

Comment

This being the 98+ 750, notice more braking surface.

The pre98 is so much smaller braking surface.
                I would reccomend, if you want better braking to go with a upgrade of gsxr brakes.
                TDA Racing/Motorsports
                Who knows what is next?

Comment

Originally posted by trinc
                  Mail 'em to me and I'll do it cheap... It only takes about 90 minutes to rebuild both front calipers, and almost all of that is sitting on my butt...

Cheers
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                    Mail 'em to me and I'll do it cheap... It only takes about 90 minutes to rebuild both front calipers, and almost all of that is sitting on my butt...

Cheers
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    thx CP but that was a joke.

tim

Comment

Originally posted by THAZKAT
                      yep, same here! but why the pre98 4 pod I must ask?
                      i'm not sure. as i see it the idea of a one side piston caliper with an opposing pad would work ok ( at best ) on full floating disk. NONE of the SS bike that i looked at have one sided calipers - now why is that ? if you can actually squeeze the disk from both side you should get #1 - better braking & #2 better feel.

i get brake fade when running hard - using HH pads.

tim

Comment

If you get brake fade with HH brakes, you're running the braking system too hot and either need a better fluid or need to move back to GG brakes. For events like track days and serious repetative-braking events (downhill canyon railing), HH pads are not the answer... even EBC will say as much (going even as far as to suggest FF brakes for track stars for just that reason).

Cheers
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Well , I have an EXTRA pre98 brake set up , and I was curious about whether or not it would fit on a 98+ , and it REALLY looks like it won't . The mounting holes are in different spots . I was PRETTY sure it wasn't gonna work , but I'd understand asking for a second opinion ....
                          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                            If you get brake fade with HH brakes, you're running the braking system too hot and either need a better fluid or need to move back to GG brakes. For events like track days and serious repetative-braking events (downhill canyon railing), HH pads are not the answer... even EBC will say as much (going even as far as to suggest FF brakes for track stars for just that reason).

Cheers
                            =-= The CyberPoet
                            that is maybe the answer. maybe just buy racing pads.

tim

Comment

that is maybe the answer. maybe just buy racing pads.

tim
                              Check your PM's... I left you message about who to contact inside EBC to give you bottom-line rock solid advice for your situation. You can go into the details with them

Cheers
                              =-= The CyberPoet
                              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                              X