Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

$3000 for a 1998 Honda Superhawk with 7,000 miles?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $3000 for a 1998 Honda Superhawk with 7,000 miles?

Well it might be too good to be true?

It's supposedly been dropped in the garage on both sides. But "never been down."

So is that a good price? Looking at KBB $4500. AND its only 7,000 miles!!

And I really really shouldnt be thinking about buying a bike. but my birthday IS October 17.

TDA Racing/Motorsports
    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
    Who knows what is next?
    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Thanks, so it still $500 below nada, with only 7,000 miles.

Plus the price might be negotiable

Comment

the superhawk, it's on my top ten list - love that bike.
        but.... i think before i can give an accurate opinion you should ride it over to my house for a closer inspection.

i'd look at it & try and get a read on the rider. dropped both sides ?
        hmmm.

tim

Comment

Well he said that he was moving it around in his garage and dropped it (believeable). Then he said when he had it shipped from Tacoma to Spokane, something dinged up the other side in transportation. I havent seen it yet, and need to to really assess it

Comment

Get in there and inspect it closely -- especially the frame, the head stock, the steering stem bearings and the rear swing arm pivot areas... Also be sure that this is the type of MC you want to move to (or are you keeping the Kat as well?)...

Here's my full list for checking out an used bike... -- there's a link near the top for printable version (raw text).

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I love those Superhawks. Talk with owner for a while and you should be able to figure how the bike was used or abused.

Comment

Working...
              X