No announcement yet.
X

winter work on the kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really don't know what I am gona do. This is gona be the first year I can ride during the winter, so I will prolly go balls to the wall, and go crazy insane with riding and picture taking to send to all my friends stuck in the snow up-north.

Cyber, that rear shock is a easy switch.
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

I do mods all year long...I think I'll just ride this winter....
      Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
      Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
        Should be pie-in-the-sky easy -- all of 45 minutes or so, with most of that removing and reinstalling the rear tire...
        Except that I've been thinking that I want to use the same time to also install a new chain, new sprockets, install a new rear brake rotor I have for free from EBC, and replace the bearings in the rear wheel as long as I'm taking it off to do the shock... and if I'm doing the rear wheel bearings, I ought to the front ones as well... and if I take off the front wheel to to do the front bearings, well, it means it's time swap the shock oil (it's due) -- which means fork oil seals as well... and might as well change the fork springs as long as I have them apart to a new set of Ohlins as well (yes, I'll be carrying Ohlin fork springs starting about the last week of October I think -- quite reasonable pricing on those). And I don't have a press, so I'll have to come up with another answer for installing the bearings (probably a bolt/nut/washer solution)... So it's one of those spiraling things where my biggest concern is making sure the weather is just right for putting in a day or two of work on the bike without sweating to death in the process (and not getting interrupted by client work).

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Ack, stop talking about winter!!! No No No !!

Comment

last year was heated grips

this year, i guess valves since i'll be hitting 50000km, but the rest of the time i'll be away at school so no plans

Comment

Well there's two lists for me, what I'd like to do and what I can afford

Like to
              GSXR 1100 engine swap
              Rear shock swap
              Front end fork upgrade
              SS brake lines

Reality
              Valve adjustment
              New sprockets and chain
              Change Front brake pads grabbier pads and clean all callipers
              Watching bike vids posted by guys from down south were they can ride all year long
              Kyle

Comment

funny you say that...
                i just did a spark plug change and battery change...more like matenance....

for upgrades.. its a new bike. i want an 00-04 gixxer. i have 5g'S and the kat is not doing it for me right now. i want somthing with a wider tire and more puss for the buck.
                .im selling the kat for 2200...any takers? ill be posting in the buy /sell forums.
                ------------------------------------------------------
                Lean in Lean out.
                ------------------------------------------------------
                1993 GSX750F Katana SOLD
                2002 GSX750R Black. SOLD
                2000 TL1000RR silver, SOLD
                2000 yamaha R1 red katana

-------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I'm with woobie, but my wishlist is more of a long term "to do" list:

B-1200 engine
                  'busa swingarm
                  Cut out the bug eyed front turn sigs, glass the fairing smooth and mount flush ones a'la the new Ninja 650.
                  Flashy new paint
                  ...sounds ambitious to me.

This winter:
                  Hindle slip on
                  Ivan's jet kit
                  timing advancer
                  grind out the stock header or get a 750 or Holeshot header
                  CP's oil temp gauge

Comment

I agree w/ woobie..my wish list is not near as doable as my reality list; hopefully I can work on crunchie about making more of the wish list a reality

Comment

Winter???

Hehehe, I ride year round, so I'll just keep riding

Anyway, no money for mods here.
                      Ich lebe mein Tod, Tag für Tag!

Willkommen zu meiner Welt...

Comment

You just keep riding Trinc. And Susser Tod me never saw pictures of your kat.
                        Tito "Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Dee Dub
                            a picture is worth a thousand years Mr. I get to ride all year around!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                              Originally posted by SweetLou
                              Should be pie-in-the-sky easy -- all of 45 minutes or so, with most of that removing and reinstalling the rear tire...
                              Except that I've been thinking that I want to use the same time to also install a new chain, new sprockets, install a new rear brake rotor I have for free from EBC, and replace the bearings in the rear wheel as long as I'm taking it off to do the shock... and if I'm doing the rear wheel bearings, I ought to the front ones as well... and if I take off the front wheel to to do the front bearings, well, it means it's time swap the shock oil (it's due) -- which means fork oil seals as well... and might as well change the fork springs as long as I have them apart to a new set of Ohlins as well (yes, I'll be carrying Ohlin fork springs starting about the last week of October I think -- quite reasonable pricing on those). And I don't have a press, so I'll have to come up with another answer for installing the bearings (probably a bolt/nut/washer solution)... So it's one of those spiraling things where my biggest concern is making sure the weather is just right for putting in a day or two of work on the bike without sweating to death in the process (and not getting interrupted by client work).

Cheers
                              =-= The CyberPoet

Dauym.
                              Kan-O-Gixxer!
                              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                              -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                              -Ohlins Susupension
                              -Various Other Mods

Comment

i need to look at my wiring, it is not staying charged
                                love to get a Braada Cawel, new wind screen

but now i and getting my snowmobile ready :P

Comment

Working...
                                X