X

Chrome engine covers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrome engine covers

i know ive seen em b4, but anyone know where i can buy theM?

Never seen 'em for a Kat, but if anyone would offer them, it would be Targa, who did carry a line of chrome Katana parts for a while (they seem to be selling out those lines).

If not, you take yours to a chromer and get them chromed... but since they sit under the tank where no one will see them, why?

Curious...
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

as cyber asked....since it is under the tank and can't be seen....why bother?
      if you do decide to go that route, it is usually cheaper to have yours chromed than buy one chromed.
      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Lots of members have gotten all kinds of parts chromed for alot less than you can buy them..but unless your looking for the complete total bling, I'd go after chroming other more visible parts and accessories.

Comment

I think he means the Starter Gear cover, Signal Generator Cover, Clutch Cover, and Sprocket cover guys. You can see all of those parts quite well. I had mine chromed at a local shop here for less than $200. Last winter I had a set of Factory Pro covers chromed and replaced the Starter Gear and Signal Generator Covers. I still have the Starter Gear cover somewhere I think, I might sell it later on if you are interested. Look at my ride profile for some pics.

Comment

mr clean, thats precisely what i meant, though i thought i had seen them on a site that i could buy em already chromed but maybe nt

Comment

if you are talking side cover's, you can get them at alot of places. Vance and Hines has them, check out some of these site's

TDA Racing/Motorsports
              1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
              Who knows what is next?
              Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
              Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

are the NRC ones chrome? cause they just look like normal covers to me

Comment

No one sells chromed covers for Katanas. Period. Trust me I have looked. If you want chrome covers you are going to have to do it yourself.

Comment

I have he NRC covers , and they're not chromes . they're some kind of rough gray . But I've seen people selling some they've HAD chromed before , which you'll probably have to do . You COULD just buy some used covers for cheap and send them out , that way you won't have any down-time on your bike . Then sell YOUR covers when you get the chrome ones . SOMEONE will ALWAYS need them !
                    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

well.....you could go all out like this. i am thinking about going that way with the vance & hine engine i have.

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
                        well.....you could go all out like this. i am thinking about going that way with the vance & hine engine i have.
                        Show off... you don't have that thing in a bike yet?

Cheers,
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                          well.....you could go all out like this. i am thinking about going that way with the vance & hines engine i have.
                          Show off... you don't have that thing in a bike yet?

Cheers,
                          =-= The CyberPoet
                          showoff? i wish i could show that off. that isn't my engine....just an engine i wish to use for inspiration. the engine was put together...more or less....to check for clearances and stuff, but then tore back down. i want to hunt down a gsxr crank and clutch basket before i put it together permanently.

Comment

i want to hunt down a gsxr crank and clutch basket before i put it together permanently.
                            I would think whatever crank Vance & Hines (V&H) put in would be about as good a spec for that engine as could be found, given it's intended use and history... Or was there something wrong with the crank that was in there???

I defer on the clutch to whatever wisdom you may have that is eluding me...

Cheers,
                            =-= The CyberPoet
                            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                              i want to hunt down a gsxr crank and clutch basket before i put it together permanently.
                              I would think whatever crank Vance & Hines (V&H) put in would be about as good a spec for that engine as could be found, given it's intended use and history... Or was there something wrong with the crank that was in there???

I defer on the clutch to whatever wisdom you may have that is eluding me...

Cheers,
                              =-= The CyberPoet
                              it was built with the original kat crank, which has a diagonal cut gear on the end of the shaft that runs the clutch. it is a perfectly good set-up, but it is also robbing the bike of a few hp because it creates a bit more drag with the diagonal cut gears. it also exerts an outward thrust. the gsxr crank has a straight cut gear, which produces less drag and elimates the outward thrust. the way the engine is now, it is not a problem and the few hp lost is not all that noticeable. however, in the future if i decide to go with a bit bigger pistons and re-work the top end...such as maybe go bigger valves, I just want the crank to be up to par.
                              the reason for changing the clutch basket as well is because it is a "no choice" situation. the gear on the gsxr crank with not mesh with the clutch basket because one is diagonal cut and the other is straight.
                              what i really want is a falicon crank. i found several good used ones on the drag bike forums, but am holding back until maybe january when many racers are in the middle up upgrades and rebuilds.....which is when i am likely to find the best deal. a new falicon crank will set one back bewteen $1500 and $2k...depending on what you have done to it.

this is just advice i got from the previous owner of the engine, and it was his reason for doing the teardown. the $1500 cost of a falicon crank is what made him decide to go with a busa engine because he wanted to move up to newer and bigger. the crank that was with it is fine...i had it checked out.

Comment

Working...
                              X