No announcement yet.
X

Why do you ride a Katana?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do I Ride a Katana ? Honestly , I was just looking for ANY bike that ran , as my last one did NOT all of the sudden , and I was tired of messing with it (plus the Katana looked kinda cool and was the right color) . Little did I know ..... 8 years later I still love it , and have since put a TON of work into KEEPING it running , and making it better . View my garage for details ...
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Jaxcat, that might be the coolest compliment ever man!

"My Kat will grow old with us... She will be an on the road Classic..."

LoudandLow...Congrats to the both of you !!!!
      Do or do not, there is no Try...
      -Master Yoda

Current Bike; 2005 Katana 750

Comment

Lets see, I ride a Kat because:
        1. It is not a Harley.
        2. I wanted a bike that felt solid and steady on the road, especially with the winds we get here. The weight of the kat makes for a much more stable feeling ride which is great for a less experienced rider as it aids in instilling confidence imo.
        3. My Kat fits me like a glove.
        4. I don't look like an adult riding a toy like you see in the circus with the clown on a teeny tiny bike. Other sport bikes look like toys when I put my 6 foot 3 inch tall body on them.
        5. I like the sportbike looks, but not the pain they would cause my already troubled back.
        6. Brand new out of the crate bike for a used bike price.
        7. They are not a dime a dozen. The bike is unique and there is no mixing it up with the multitude of generic looking sportbikes.
        8. Great all around bike that will do anything that my skill set requires for years to come. Not interested in racing, so the Kat is perfect for me.
        9. Did I mention that it wasn't a Harley?
        sigpic Like usual, It's all my husband's fault... After insisting that his woman should try out his yellow Kat, I just had to get my own Kat! I really should quit listening to his brillant ideas.

Comment

its cheap to buy , cheeap to run, cheap to fix , cheap to insure. it looks like the shiznit and is great to ride for a long period. kind of like my mazda 323 which ive had for almost 10 years and still going strong.
          2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

I ride a Katana because when I took my friend to pick up his FJ1100 i went for a smoke and asked a salesman to dust off my Candy Apple 92 1100... put a hundred down, sold my Nighthawk to another friend and went back and bought it outright two days later.. could not pass the deal... Built like a tank, rides like a caddy...
            Oh yeah, and so i can roll the windshield down in the summer...lol
            TonyE.
            "Life is what happens when you make plans..."

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119546

Comment

That is what $400 dollars bought me that is why. lol
              Katie - 91 Kat 600, 98 Bandit 600 engine, Ivan Jet Kit, Ignition Advancer, Gsxr 750 header, Delkevic slip on, Veypor computer.

Comment

It was between a zzr600, sv650s, and the Kat. The kat was bigger, faster, more stable at speed, and fit me better. Found a killer deal and it was mine. Whether I got the luggage on for hauling my school/work crap around or with the bags off haulin a$$ with 600 supersports it does it all without complaints and with a longer range and better comfort than the other crotch rockets
                "Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death and as sweet as love."

Comment

it was a gift
                  sigpic2006 KAT 750

"Ever wonder how some people have made it as far in life as they have?"

Comment

It's funny you stick around long enough you get to see alot of questions recycled.
                    We intimidate those who intimidate others.
                    Stay Alert! Stay Alive!

Comment

Originally posted by tindallt View Post
                      It's funny you stick around long enough you get to see alot of questions recycled.
                      Not a bad idea either with all the new Katriders joining
                      -= Har du styr på lortet, eller lort på styret? =-

Comment

Originally posted by JEDI View Post
                        Jaxcat, that might be the coolest compliment ever man!

"My Kat will grow old with us... She will be an on the road Classic..."

LoudandLow...Congrats to the both of you !!!!

Thanks a lot young Jedi... The Force is strong in this one it is...
                        2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
                        Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
                        "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
                        Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
                        Veteran of the United States Air Force.
                        "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

Because she makes me feel cool without being high maintenance. Just like the woman (or for you ladies, the man) you would marry in a heartbeat. And aint that what we are looking for in a partner?

Comment

Dependability. I can count on her every single day and no matter what I do, she never complains...
                            Sliminator

Comment

Working...
                            X