X

Why do you ride a Katana?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do you ride a Katana?

It goes like the clappers when I knock it down a few cogs and open the gas. Everyone around seems to know somethings about to happen and get outa my way. Before long I,m at 160km.hr and the cars that were concerning are way behind. I then settle back down to legal speed and chug along comfy, engine at around a little under 5000rpm.

The bike always goes and does what I want it to do. It looks good. It's not so high tech that it will get complicated and stop by side of road, but still looks the part. It does everything you could want to do on a motorcycle. Sometimes riding home on it from shiftwork at 3 am I just think, hell, I could just keep on going for 2000km and see my brother. No problem. When it rain, I barely get wet.

I don't like how you have to detach so many things to get at the valve adjustments, my only complaint, so I am leaving this for the dealers for now. Otherwise, it is a truly great bike, almost as good as my old xj900, which is still sitting in the shed awaiting resurrection. cheers.

I put 58,000 trouble-free miles on my 2005 GSX750F before I sold her and she's still the best bike i've ever owned.....not the fastest....not the most comfortable.....not the prettiest......but easily the best all-around bike I know of. It's the AK47 of the bike world!!!!
    2005 Aprilia RST1000
    2007 Dodge Nitro SLT
    1998 Chevy Tahoe
    www.midwestguntrader.com

Comment

Originally posted by KansasKat View Post
      .but easily the best all-around bike I know of. It's the AK47 of the bike world!!!!
      Oh if you said that to GSF riders...

Comment

it's sporty enough to have fun, big enough to easily ride interstate, and comfy enough to make longer trips. It's a utility infielder...not the best at one position, but good enough all around to be in the majors
        ROLL TIDE!

Comment

i love my kat because it gets me chicks. lol lol lol. i love it because like everyone said its an all around bike especially for a 1st and 2nd seaon rider like myself. but for 2 season i've put 6k on it and on my 2nd oil change. Love IT.
          this is the best icon eva

Comment

I don't know.

Ask me tomorrow when we get it running again.
            Start every day with a smile and get it over with - WC Fields

Comment

It was the only bike I could afford at the moment. Now I think that it was an excellent choice!
              Former Marine 3/97-3/01
              MOS 0161 Semper FI!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Woodmysta View Post
                It was the only bike I could afford at the moment. Now I think that it was an excellent choice!
                I look forward to having that feeling someday.

Comment

Beacuse I want to, I can, and it's the shiznit!!! Nuff said!!! Besides it's a great bike.
                  This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
                  BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

Why do I ride a Katana? Why not?

I guess I don't need anything more at the present time. Maybe one day I'll upgrade for track use, but that'll be about it.....

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                    You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Because it's there. It was the easiest to get on the road after the theft.
                      Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

please explain "goes like the clappers"....

I ride a katana because someone was willing to trade theirs for a GUN

See My Garage for mods...
                        T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
                        Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

its a damned tough bike!

Comment

'cause it's paid for!

Comment

1.) Cause it cost me $5K NEW
                              2.) Comfortable on longer rides
                              3.) Gas mileage = 40-50 mpg
                              4.) Versitility