X

Well it finally happened

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well it finally happened

got out this morning geared up and ready to ride. Unlock cable from bike, go to put key in , wouldnt go in, tried again, nothing.
    so i think its time to take a better look, turn on the light and lock cylinder is destroyed and there is still the end of a screwdriver in it. Bast@rds!!!!!!! but, at least they didnt get bike.
    OK does anyone know bout how much i would be looking at for a new lock cylinder? (assuming that is all the damage). I really do not want to take it to local dealership for reasons unsaid.
    Looks like will have totake the triple clamp(?) off to remove cylinder but not sure. (knew i shoulda bought the service manual)
    Dont want to go to work this am with her messed up like that, im concerned that they are a couple hammer blows away from getting her. (Handle bars still locked) part of me wants to keep beating on it till it breaks loose, but dont want to damage it anymore.
    PUNKS!!!!!!!!!
    anyway, sorry for the rant, i was sure looking forward to the ride this morning.......
    Im off to ron ayers site.............

What to buy IMHO:

About $200 all new lock set (new keys and locks all around so the keys all match, single set, RonAyers).

$85 MotorcycleAnchor (www.motorcycleanchor.com), KR discount.
    $ ?? Stout lock and chain. I don't like Kryptonite, do like the Abus Steel-o-flex 950...

The anchor would have probably stopped them from trying.

Or, if you have insurance and want to file against it (if the deductible isn't too high), I'll write up the repair to hide the cost of an anchor and stout chain/lock.

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Send Secial K a PM I am sure he has a few laying around.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Two good suggestions posted above. Now about catching them. I'd hang out and see if they try and come back for it. then when they do, jump out of the bushes, grab their screwdriver, hammer it up their nose, and twist. that'll teach 'em

Comment

Yep that just about it covers it...
          KARA

I'm a whole lotta woman, but a whole lotta fun!

Comment

I am pretty sure I have a spare ignition cylinder/key in my box of spare parts. I will have to double check. I had my kat stolen once and luckily got it back so I know how pissed off it makes you. Let me know if you are interested and I will see if I can dig it up.
            "Do or Do Not, There is No Try!"
            -Yoda

"Ryde or Die"
            -DMX

Comment

do what I do. put your bike in a fenced area with a rather large, aggressive dog. deters most thieves at first sight.

Comment

Toronto,,, agreed, im thinking about leaving it like it is and hiding out with "my little friend". Sorta what Dan said. but with little moe than screwdriver.

Cyber, i agree with you, other than the bike was locked up, it does not appear that they even moved the chain. could find no markings on it where it had been tampered with. btw..... this puts a hold on the seat back i was planning on getting from ya....

Thurock, i wish i woulda held off but i already ordered the lock cylinder,,, although i may get one from you for a spare.

And Katana-bob well right now that is not an option, but we are having a house built, according to them, in 3 months, my shiznit will be in a garage 8)

Needless to say, i am getting an alarm this weekend, will not stop someone who is determined, but i think these may have been rookies. You would think if you had done this a few times, you would have gotten a screwdriver that could handle the stress. (it broke off in cylinder) plus, i think they have been working on it more than i would like to admit to.
                tuesday, i noticed at the far corner of our porch, a broken screwdriver bit. (like the ones with the interchangable handles). I looked over the bike then and did not notice anything (did not look down into lock cylinder). Well now, the key hole is round, and the triple tree? is beat to hell. im sure i would have noticed this before. (wife and i walk past motorcycle everyday, it is right at our front door). So i think, they broke screwdriver the other day, then came back to finish the job.
                either way, it sux bong water but, so goes life.... thanks to all

Comment

I assume your bike is parked outside on a regular basis ? If so yes most definately consider the suggestions above, and an alarm system w/ remote & pager alert wouldnt hurt either.

Comment

Get indoor parking.

Comment

Originally posted by Junior
                      Get indoor parking.
                      Sure, I'll just tell the landlord I'm building a garage in his parking lot whether he likes it or not...

/kiba
                      find / -name "*your base*" -exec chown us:us {} \;

You must realize that someday you will die-until you know that, you are useless

If you can't make it fit with a sledge hammer, don't force it!

Comment

Skip the foreplay and just tie a large, agressive dog strait to the front forks. 8) Sorry to hear about it man.

Comment

A bike cover helps too, but we all can make great suggestion's for ya but all of them are deterants. It won't stop them from trying but it will slow them down like the lock did.
                          TDA Racing/Motorsports
                          1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                          Who knows what is next?
                          Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                          Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Buy a Pre98 like me. No one wants to steal those anyway, even if they could start it.

Comment

Originally posted by kiba
                              Originally posted by Junior
                              Get indoor parking.
                              Sure, I'll just tell the landlord I'm building a garage in his parking lot whether he likes it or not...

/kiba
                              Nah dont even bother, just right in the front door of your apt and up the stairs if u have too, would be fine

Comment

Working...
                              X