X

What do you guys think?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seand View Post
    This is just the kind of info I was looking for! Good looking out, man! Thanks for posting that..

Oh real quick too, just thinking of that repaint comment... I noticed the decals don't match the ones I see here:

Did the originals all say "GSXF" rather than "Katana" on the sides?

Yeah I thought I saw rust too around the wheels... It sure is a bit of cash, too.
    My '06 decals said "Katana". You can see them in my garage. I've since removed them though.

As far as the rust goes though, I'm not sure if that's not a reasonable amount of rust. If the bike was stored outside instead of in a garage then it would have some rust. Mine has some as well, I live in the rainy South and near the beach, the bike's previous owner didn't have a garage so it was stored outside when not ridden. There would probably be some other 'tell tale' indications that it's been simply re-painted. I'd go over it and take a close look at it before I wrote it off.
    Last edited by nannoguy; 06-11-2010, 01:09 PM.

Comment

I believe the decal difference is that the bike most recently sited is the British version. I notice that the decals are missing from the seat cowling, indicating a smackdown or abrasion, etc.

I will say that I bought a bike identical to the one you're looking at off the showroom floor (new) in October of 06 and kept it until the following July. I have owned six bikes since and of all the bikes I've sold, it by far is the one I wish that I had kept. It was an excellent, an excellent machine.

I can't see paying more than $2,900 to $3,100 for it, but actually if I really wanted it and it seemed okay, I'd pay what they're asking if they won't come down. Mine was an excellent bike and I wish I had it still. My ZZR1200 is a good alternative though.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

seems like a good buy
        sigpic2006 KAT 750

"Ever wonder how some people have made it as far in life as they have?"

Comment

Originally posted by stonefry View Post
          But the blurb on the KBB retail value page says:

The Kelley Blue Book Suggested Retail Value is representative of dealers' asking prices and is the starting point for negotiation between a consumer and a dealer. This Suggested Retail Value assumes that the unit has been fully reconditioned and is in excellent condition.Mileage/condition and additional equipment may have a substantial impact on the value shown above. This value also takes into account the dealers' profit, costs for advertising, sales commissions and other costs of doing business. The final sale price will likely be less depending on the unit's actual condition, popularity, type of warranty offered and local market conditions.
          Like I said, KBB is a crock of crap, there is no way for them know and calculate the dealer's cost of reconditioning, advertising, commissions, or other cost of business. They still only base values off national average.

Also, if you check NADA for vehicle values you will notice a vast difference in pricing. Don't forget that KBB is a private company and is not the bible of vehicle values.
          Last edited by WickedKatweazle; 06-11-2010, 04:52 PM.
          sigpic

Signature was getting too long, check my garage for list of mods.

Comment

Hi guys - me again. Check this out:

About the new petcock... is this something that could REALLY become a bigger problem than a simple replacement of parts you think? I just would be scared that this could escalate into a new petcock, followed by new fuel lines, etc. etc. blah blah.. but you know what? If a petcock is bad, could it cause fuel to flow constantly/leak and not cut off maybe? Seems like if this bike needs a new one that could be the case, eh?

Another question (as I'm new to all this stuff

How would one know if a chain still has a couple of months? Is that something that's fairly easy to estimate given the stretch/looks of a chain? Or is it more based on knowledge of how long the current one's been ridden?

Comment

4 years old + 600 cc = incorrect price...
              sigpic "never ride without all the proper gear"

Comment

ya i also think the price is to high even for a dealer ship!and with the rust spots and the markings on the rotors and all i would for sure try to talk them down

Comment

tellem 2800 cash and let them think about it

Comment

Originally posted by seand View Post
                    This is just the kind of info I was looking for! Good looking out, man! Thanks for posting that..

Oh real quick too, just thinking of that repaint comment... I noticed the decals don't match the ones I see here:

Did the originals all say "GSXF" rather than "Katana" on the sides?

Yeah I thought I saw rust too around the wheels... It sure is a bit of cash, too.

The decals are suppose to say Katana, I wouuld check into this one and see if you can talk them down. I paid 3000 for my 06 with 1000 miles on it. plus it had a Yoshi Rs3 pipe on it....
                    99 Ford F150 4x4
                    04 Mustang GT
                    2010 Camaro SS
                    06 GSX600F
                    sigpic

Comment

any kinda warranty or service plan come with it???

Comment

It looks good in the pictures. Pricey though.
                        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
                        Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
                        R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
                        1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
                        RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
                        3BBB turn signal mirrors,
                        Black painted seat and rear trim,
                        Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

Comment

Working...