X

What do you guys think?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you guys think?

What do you guys think of this one? Can you see anything out of the ordinary from the photos? Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Price seems a bit high, but it is a dealer. It looks good though! I think... I like it, but only see the photos here so far..

Have a great weekend everybody!!

thats a nice looking Kat

Comment

I gotta weird feeling about it. Looking at the pictures, the fairings are beautiful, BUT, all the undercarriage has rusty spots and looks icky. I don't know it just looks like a repaint or something.

The owner had way too many keys when they were riding! Scuffs all over the top triple tree.

The one chain guard screw looks seized solid with rust.

I don't know the bike seems to be giving mixed messages.

Comment

Wouldn't hurt to take a look
        Life is like a dogsled team. If you ain't the lead dog the scenery never changes. - Lewis Grizzard

Comment

This is just the kind of info I was looking for! Good looking out, man! Thanks for posting that..

Oh real quick too, just thinking of that repaint comment... I noticed the decals don't match the ones I see here:

Did the originals all say "GSXF" rather than "Katana" on the sides?

Yeah I thought I saw rust too around the wheels... It sure is a bit of cash, too.
          Last edited by seand; 06-10-2010, 09:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

It is very nice looking, but in my opinion that is way to high, if I would fork that much out for a bike it would be a newer one that is fuel injected, abs, the whole nine yards.

Mine is a 2000 600 had 14000 on it, I picked it up for 2500. I checked blue book just to make sure on the 2006 and the highest it showed was 3585 so I could understand if they went over that 500 bucks or so.

Comment

What do you guys think of this one? Looks like a bit of rash on the sides (both.. wow!) Not sure it's worth $2999 (and I'm sure they tack on dealer fees, etc. afterwards)

Could be nice around $2300 maybe? What would you guys think just by looking at these pix? Thanks everybody again for your input!

Comment

I like it, I would deff. look at that one, scratches can be fixed, or even replace stickers (alot cheaper). I'd look it over good, with the low milage it could be a case of someone bought it thinking it was a ss, and didn't like the performance, so its hard to say how hard it was rode.

Comment

IMO either bike seems like a reasonable deal. KBB is not a truthfully good reference for bike values when buying from a retailer. KBB is more useful as a reference when buying from a private seller. The reason is that KBB does not take into account the dealer's reconditioning and inspection costs. Also, KBB sets values at a national average and does not list values according to your area. Basically KBB is a crock of crap. Keep in mind that the price difference between the 2000 and the 2006 is not very significant, and rusted bolts are easily fixed with PB blaster and a wire bore brush.

I almost forgot, there is a forum member here selling two different Kats for less than the prices you showed us. Might be worth your time to do a search for them.
                  sigpic

Signature was getting too long, check my garage for list of mods.

Comment

I'd take a look in person, can't really tell till you've seen it in person.
                    Price wise its hard to tell, prices seam to very vastly in different parts
                    of the country, when I bought my bike last September many told me I paid to much, but after still watching the market in my area, I'm convinced I got a pretty good deal. good luck.
                    Richard

Oh and remember that's just the asking price, if you like it hit them up low.
                    96 Suzuki GSX750F
                    89 Suzuki GSX600F Project
                    05 Yamaha WR450F
                    05 Yamaha YZ450F

sigpic

Comment

I'm thinking what you're thinking on that price difference. Great insight on the KBB - I never thought of it that way. And surely one pays extra for reconditioning at a dealer.

I always feel less wary of buying from a dealer than an individual, but I suppose it goes both ways since I usually feel ripped off even if the dealer's is a bit "cleaner." Do you guys have a certain bit more trust in a dealer as opposed to an individual seller? I'm always so scared to get real ripped off by somebody off Craigslist and get a total lemon with no recourse.

Comment

Look at it this way. It's in a dealer's best interest to sell a reasonably safe machine more so than a private seller. The dealer has a reputation and business to maintain while a private seller just wants to get whatever they can for it. Take that for whatever it's worth to you.
                        sigpic

Signature was getting too long, check my garage for list of mods.

Comment

Anything is only worth what someone will pay for it, it is all relative.

As for the price, If the dealer re-did the clear or paint and threw on those new tires, they will have to regain those costs somehow.

I paid a lot for my Kat, it was an '06 in the year '08 and I could see the mileage was original and the owner took care of it. It had under 700 miles on it. The battery was even a new Yuasa? battery, I believe that is an OEM replacement, top quality anyway. I paid a high dollar but it was still way less than the '08 GSX650F I was thinking of buying brand new. It wasn't even broken in.

Good luck, go see it in person, you'll see more details...

Comment

nice bike and the kat is awesome, but this was no dream machine though stock as sh*t

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kata-tat-tat View Post
                              KBB is not a truthfully good reference for bike values when buying from a retailer. KBB is more useful as a reference when buying from a private seller. The reason is that KBB does not take into account the dealer's reconditioning and inspection costs.
                              But the blurb on the KBB retail value page says:

The Kelley Blue Book Suggested Retail Value is representative of dealers' asking prices and is the starting point for negotiation between a consumer and a dealer. This Suggested Retail Value assumes that the unit has been fully reconditioned and is in excellent condition.Mileage/condition and additional equipment may have a substantial impact on the value shown above. This value also takes into account the dealers' profit, costs for advertising, sales commissions and other costs of doing business. The final sale price will likely be less depending on the unit's actual condition, popularity, type of warranty offered and local market conditions.

Comment

Working...
                              X