X

How much should I ask for it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much should I ask for it?

The bike is up for sale. I know good and well that after spending this much time working on it, that it's worth more to me than it is to anybody else...... so I'm asking for the advice of my fellow katriders in determining what I should be selling this thing for.

In case you didn't know.......

1990 750 frame
    1994 750 engine
    New Russel Cycleflex stainless steel brake lines & fresh DOT4 fluid
    98+ oil cooler, oil pan and pickup
    1988 GSXR750 cams
    Vance and Hines SS exhaust
    Factory Pro Shift Kit
    Individual pod-style air filters
    RF600 4.5" rear wheel
    Brand new Maxxis Supermaxx tires- 110/70-17 front & 170/60-17 rear
    New carbon fiber-look levers
    New All-Balls rear wheel bearings
    New wally-world battery
    New NGK JR9C spark plugs
    New Parts Unlimited chain
    14/47 gearing (-1 front sprocket)
    New polished aluminum headlight brackets
    New bar-end mirrors
    New clutch cable
    Smoked mini turn signals front and rear
    Self-made fiberglass tail
    Hayabusa tail light
    98+ fuel tank, smoothed out
    Fiberglass flyscreen
    Aluminum battery box with relocated ignition switch
    All wiring consolidated and rerouted
    Fresh Rotella oil and Hiflo Filtro oil filter
    Fresh LeakProof Pro-Moly fork seals and Silkolene 15w fork oil
    Valves just adjusted when the cams went in.

(These pictures don't show the V&H exhaust that's on it now)

Give me your opinions. I don't want to give it away, but I also don't want to be the delusional guy on CL that believes his old bike is worth a fortune. Thanks.
    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

I'd put it up for 1800, and hope realistically for 15. I think you could get it with all the work you've done to it...
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I'd say start at $2k and go from there, just because fighters are really a personal taste kind of thing. If it still had the stock full fairings, I think it would be easier to get more out of it.
      John,
      '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
      sigpic

Comment

I lot of people will not be interested because the stock fairings are gone (which are nice) and it's just a highly customized ride that you have here.

Personally, I think it's bad *** and I can appreciate it. 2k easy. Don't be surprised if it takes longer to sell though.

Good luck man.

PS I really like those K&N filters but your exhaust - not so much. Too extreme for me.

Comment

thats a good look'n bike bro!dont know what to ask,but i wouldnt sale it for less than 3k...

Comment

I'd start at 2K, and work from there. It's a nice build.....and it has that cafe' look to it. I'm personally picturing a hand-crafted solo cowl. Any chance you could post a vid of what it sounds like? askin'
            sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
            ------------------------------------------
            89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
            96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Thanks for the input everybody. Honestly, the thought of taking $1500 for it makes me sick to my stomach. I think I'd credit card all the money for my trip before I sell it for $1500. I listed it on CL for $2300 or best offer, with the intention of pulling $2k out of it, or at least close to it. Otherwise, I'll get some use out of it after I get back. : I did want to take it to the dragstrip at least once, and I know I won't get to do it before I leave, so maybe it would be better that way. I guess we'll see. Thanks again!

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
              Any chance you could post a vid of what it sounds like? askin'
              Ask and ye shall receive. This is with the B12 header and midpipe. With the V&H on it now, it's actually a little louder and a lot deeper at idle, but not as loud under throttle.

[ame=http://s128.photobucket.com/albums/p174/loudnlow7484/kat/?action=view&current=Picture048.flv][/ame]
              Last edited by loudnlow7484; 05-14-2010, 10:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
              Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Definitely a revenge machine for those days I wake up to lawn trimmers from my neighbours. Nice!
                sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                ------------------------------------------
                89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                96 YZF 1000R

Comment

I wouldn't go less than 2k. Considering all the sweet mods and parts on that bike.

A friend if mine just sold a 89' 750 with 90,000k on it, spedo cable broken, cracked fairings, broken turn signals. Dirty old nasty bike. He got 2000 cash from
                  a buddy of his.

Nice bike tho I wouldn't sell for less that $2300 probably considering how reliable the bike is. Presumably
                  For sale thread Album
                  1991 Katana 600 - sold

Comment

Working...
                  X