No announcement yet.
X

Street bike backpacks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never liked riding with a backpack. For one reason it hits my solo cowl, so I cant lean back very far, and I dont like the feeling of things sliding around inside the pack. Since Ive switched to a tank bag which I think is much better while riding, and it has straps so you can wear it like a back pack when you take it off the bike. Mine is small, but the make ones large enough for laptops and books.
    Originally posted by arsenic
    93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

I have an old Eastern Mountain Sports "Backbeat" backpack, circa 2004. I guess it's considered a day pack for hiking and such. But it has chest and waste straps as well as straps that keep the bag slimmer as well. All 3 features are very useful for keeping the CG closer to me. also it has some (now useless) reflectors on the back. I'm thinking of adding more prominant ones onto it in the future though.

I am going to invest in saddle bags soon though because while riding with a backpack is convenient for school, it's very cumbersome with my riding jacket.
      -RyanR
      1999 Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by GytRDunKat View Post
        If you are carrying a laptop, you will want the straps. The backpack moving around is a terrible distraction.

or two gallons of milk

wife wanted me to pick up milk on the way home.

Comment

well i think im gonna end up with an ogio less drag backpack, it has all the straps and can carry all my school stuff, thanks for all the ideas and comments.

Comment

Working...
          X