X

Street bike backpacks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Street bike backpacks

Hey does anyone know a good place to buy backpack for street bikes? i intend to use this for school meaning a laptop and at least one book some of the time, ive already looked at the obvious like ogio and axio, just lookin for a cheap back thats decent. Thanks.

I got mine at target for like 20 bucks

Comment

Swiss Army...when I wear one. Nice long zipper pulls.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
      -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

I use a $40 dollar billabong backpack as it has waist straps, an area for my laptop, and a big inner pocket for other stuff. Tons of smaller pockets for the lil things as well. Got it at PacSun if I remember correctly and it has lasted me 7 years or so now...
        I am a Penn State fanatic.
        Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

I use a Puma. It has a waist strap, and a chest strap. After using it, I can't imagine ever wearing a pack without those straps again.
          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

I use my old hurley backback. Padded laptop slot, chest straps and padded shoulder straps.

Comment

I use a Burton backpak I picked up for $10 brand new off of Sierrasnowboard.com (originally sold for $65).
              Features a chest strap , laptop compartment and tons of ouside-zippered pockets. Plus it's waterproof

here's a pic of it: http://www.altrec.com/burton/distortion-backpack
              (not the site I bought it from)
              Last edited by BoarderBry; 05-13-2010, 07:58 AM.
              The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'

Comment

I have a Targus backpack with a waist and chest strap. I've carried 3 laptops at once in it with no problems.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

I have a Piper Gear military style bag that I use. It has a chest and waist strap and works wonderful. It cost around $35 when I bought it 4 years ago

Comment

Icon sells a nice backpack vest thing that is BRIGHT...
                    ...peaking from under a sleeping bag..."Hi, I'm Zuma"

I'm already in a club but we have Bombers, Fighters and Big Friggin Guns!!!

Comment

I used a back pack designed for long distance off road riding. Awesome back fit great and had braces along the lower to even out the weight is water proof and has plenty of pockets got it at the local honda dealer. Now I use the small cortect soft saddle bags never using a back pack again. lol
                      2003 Katana 750F
                      1986 VFR 700F

Comment

i have a quicksilver pack i picked up at tj maxx for like 15-20 bucks. it works great for me , it has lots of pockets and still has a nice big compartment. i don't think a mc specific backpack is really necessary.

Comment

im more concerned with having the backpack with the hardened outer shell like the hard foam or plastic than the straps, i have a swiss army bag that is good for carrying all of my things but i want a bag with better protection.

Comment

If you are carrying a laptop, you will want the straps. The backpack moving around is a terrible distraction.
                            Last edited by GytRDunKat; 05-12-2010, 10:24 PM.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Originally posted by GytRDunKat View Post
                              If you are carrying a laptop, you will want the straps. The backpack moving around is a terrible distraction.
                              Or schoolbooks, or tools, or motorcycle parts, or really anything heavy at all. It would be nice for it to have a stiff padded shell. It would be nice for it to be waterproof...... but it must have straps now. I recall CP recommending a waist strap to Tom, and Tom being giddy about how much nicer it is riding with a waist strap. So I tried a pack with both waist and chest straps, and it made all the difference. I don't feel so much pressure on my shoulders when I've got something heavy in the bag, and it doesn't move around at all.
                              Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Working...
                              X