No announcement yet.
X

Short Riders. ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We lowered Linda's SV 1" (front too...) shaved her seat about 1 1/2", and added about 1" to the sole of her boots. Might seem like a lot, but didn't want to over-do anything. Works great!

Comment

Gain about 20 to 25 lbs...the weight should bring it down to about 1in...

With those boots posted above do you need to modify the shifter??
      Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
      Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

i had the same issue but i adjusted the rear shock and it sits lower when i get on.

Comment

i adjusted rear shock to 2 and lowered front tree down the forks 1 1/2inches and adjusted those to hard. I can stand up fine now. Im 5' 5''. BUT the bike feels sloppy and too squishy for me. I then adjusted rear to 7 and now i feel EVERY little bump in the road. Im going to have to put it at 5 pretty much back to where i started.
          " The key to Immortality., is first living a life worth remembering." -St Augustine

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
            please don't tell me you are selling your boots, they are so hot!

and with that wig you wear, now wonder crunchie love's the lizzard
            TDA Racing/Motorsports
            1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
            Who knows what is next?
            Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
            Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Hmm...so I've only read the first post on this thread and then Thom's last post. Frankly, I'm terrified. I'm not even going to read what happened in between because I'm sure it's much, much scarier than "The Exorcism of Emily Rose," which gave me chills.

Comment

Lowering techniques (some already covered):

Longer dogbones (reduces rear ride height)
                Bring the forks up in the yokes (reduces front ride height)
                Shave the seat foam or replace with a Corbin saddle (reduces your height in the seat)
                Switch to 60 profile tires (reduces both front & back ride height by reducing tire height).
                Taller shoes.
                Buy a bike suited to your inseam.

Good Luck!
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by brooder
                  Ok CP. Here's a challenge for you. My sister is wanting to ride. She wants a sportbike. But....she's 5'0" tall. What bike could she ride. Don't suggest a Buell Blast. I'd have to do bad things on principle. What else could she look at.
                  How tall she is is totally irrelevant... the real question is how long is her inseam...
                  For example, my gf and I are both about 5'9-1/2", but my legs are 2" longer than hers (I have particularly long legs for a male). That means some bikes I can straddle comfortably leave her on tippy-toes at best.

And of course, in honor of Range, do you have any pictures of her?

Cheers
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

You know the rebel made by honda is pretty short
                    TDA Racing/Motorsports
                    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                    Who knows what is next?
                    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by THAZKAT
                      Originally posted by WildKat
                      please don't tell me you are selling your boots, they are so hot!

and with that wig you wear, now wonder crunchie love's the lizzard
                      Nah these are just replica's.. I couldnt sell my official Paul Stanley platform boots!! Crunchie would be pi$$ed

and yes the Honda rebels are low to the ground, I used to own one,and a neighbor has one sitting out in his driveway as we speak.

Comment

Working...
                      X