X

Almost bought it

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skasner
    ....so the lady apologized and we went about our business.
    In my book, acknowledgements go a long way. But the person has to be aware of what he/she has done! Too many of these incidents are caused by folks who are oblivious!

Comment

Originally posted by nurider
      Originally posted by skasner
      ....so the lady apologized and we went about our business.
      In my book, acknowledgements go a long way. But the person has to be aware of what he/she has done! Too many of these incidents are caused by folks who are oblivious!
      Definitely - I had a woman try to intentionally run me over while driving my old '75 Suzuki GT185 (little old commuter bike)... she looked right at me, then swerved into my lane (I grabbed the brakes and got in behind her). She drove like a psycho for awhile, but I ended up sitting right next to her a couple of stoplights up the road (ah... the great equalizer). She got a earful of swearing & yelling from me - all I got was a display of her middle digit... again. <shakes head>

Comment

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT

Definitely - I had a woman try to intentionally run me over while driving my old '75 Suzuki GT185 (little old commuter bike)... she looked right at me, then swerved into my lane (I grabbed the brakes and got in behind her). She drove like a psycho for awhile, but I ended up sitting right next to her a couple of stoplights up the road (ah... the great equalizer). She got a earful of swearing & yelling from me - all I got was a display of her middle digit... again. <shakes head>
        Stay far, far away from such ... unstable .... people.

Comment

I hate the people who dont know they were just idiots.

I was at an intersection the other day on my bike turning right. My turn lane had a green and so did the cars making lefts from the other roads, if you can envision it. One guy turning left did a U-turn just as i was turning right and we almost smacked right into each other. He starts screaming at me and pointing at his green light like that gives him the fucking right-of-way for his U-turn. I pointed at my green, gave him the finger, and just sped away. I could still see him in the rear view shaking his head, even today he probably thinks he was correct.

Comment

all I got was a display of her middle digit... again. <shakes head>
            Would have broken her side mirror for all that aggrevation.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott
              man glad ta see youre ok and handled it well. Back a few years ago i just about got nailed on my 500 ninja when this old lady swirved into my lane to make an illegal turn. i was nice enough to give waive at her but with only a few less fingers. i stop when i saw that she was an old old old senior citizen, some people just dont deseve a licence.
              a voice came to me and said, sacrifice that which you love the most (my girl and my bikes)
              so i lied and gave up my girl.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott
                I thought about it... but on my old suzuki I was doing my hardest to keep up with traffic (2 cyl, 12hp, 2 stroke ) so once the light turned green again, it was easy for her to "escape" - that and she would probably have just run me down!

Had I been riding the Kat - it would've likely been a different scene all together!

man glad ta see youre ok and handled it well. Back a few years ago i just about got nailed on my 500 ninja when this old lady swirved into my lane to make an illegal turn. i was nice enough to give waive at her but with only a few less fingers. i stop when i saw that she was an old old old senior citizen, some people just dont deseve a licence.
                I struggle with that a lot - I get frustrated with older drivers (a guy in his mid-70s totalled my wife's Toyota a couple of years ago - pulled out from an intersection across a 4 lane in his Suburban and didn't even see her coming).

But everytime I start to complain about a driver, then notice the "silver" hair - all I can think of is my Dad (who turns 70 next month)... and how I don't know that I could imagine him not driving (even though I've noticed his driving skills lessen a touch over the past few years) - I know I can't imagine loosing the ability to drive... I certainly don't look forward to that day!

Comment

Working...
                X