No announcement yet.
X

Carb Cleaner Additive

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Years ago I worked for a Marina and we did a lot of winter storage and long term storage.
    The only product we used was seas foam for storage or out of storage prep.
    I had seen boats that were stored 5 years+ with fuel in them. All we did was drain tanks, carbs, run fresh fuel through the system (with sea foam in the new fuel) and they would fire right up with no issues.
    I have also seen customers fuel systems badly gummed up from improper storage, and engine combustion chambers carboned up, but after a few tanks of sea foam a big difference in deposits and carbon reduction.
    It works VERY well as a fuel stabilizer and helps reduce and eliminate varnish and gum deposits. It wont unclog a plugged jet or air passage but it will remove deposits from partly blocked passages over time. It also removes and eliminates carbon build up and helps lubricate/clean top end components.
    If dont believe me, pop off your carbs, take a pic of the intake runners, Then run sea foam for a couple weeks then check them again. they will be a lot cleaner.
    98 GSX750F
    95 Honda VT600 vlx
    08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

cool thanks for the info!

Comment

I've been using Sea Foam for years. It's not a cure all, but its real good at cleaning carbon build up and fuel systems, as well as stabilizing fuel for storage. I put 1 oz per gallon in a full tank at every oil change and run the tank to almost dry.

My wife asked me, "Why don't you make love to me like they do in the movies?" So I did and she got mad. Evidently we don't watch the same type of movies.

Comment

Originally posted by BadLuck View Post
          I've been using Sea Foam for years. It's not a cure all, but its real good at cleaning carbon build up and fuel systems, as well as stabilizing fuel for storage. I put 1 oz per gallon in a full tank at every oil change and run the tank to almost dry.
          Current Bike: 2005 SV1000S K5 Red, 7,xxx miles, Hot Bodies Double Bubble Tinted Screen, Hot Bodies Fender Eliminator, Pirelli Diablo Rossi's, LED Flush Mounts, Front/Side/Rear Sliders, PC-III USB, K&N Air Filter, aTRE Mod, TechSpec Tank Grips, Solo Seat Cowl, Corbin Seat, HEL SS Brake/Clutch Lines.

Working on installing: TPS mod

Anyone who loves their bike uses Rotella T6!

Comment

Working...
          X