Carb Cleaner Additive

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb Cleaner Additive

Hey guys,

I have heard a few different people talk about this additive "Sea Foam" to help keep your carbs clean. Has anyone used it? I just bought a can online and am waiting. Do you guys recommend anything else?

Thanks

85% of the people here recommend Sea foam.
    Techron is also available I think..

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
      85% of the people here recommend Sea foam.
      Techron is also available I think..
      Great thanks! The guy at the bike shop said that it just prevents but others have also said to try and use it to clean your carbs. Is that true?

Comment

I don't believe any "pour in" product is a magic bullet.
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I have seen improvement with the 'Zuki brand of carb/injector cleaner. Most likely it's all the same. Zuki stuff definently helps in cold weather with carb. engines.

Comment

It's only going to clean small build up. Or keep clean carbs clean.

Comment

Originally posted by Redeemed 1 View Post
              Hey guys,

I have heard a few different people talk about this additive "Sea Foam" to help keep your carbs clean. Has anyone used it? I just bought a can online and am waiting. Do you guys recommend anything else?

Thanks
              even the walmart by me caries this stuff. Any automotive store should have it as well. Works good. help the gas keep if you dont plan on running the bike for a few months.
              Bling....

Comment

I swear by the stuff. It's amazing. As long as I drive carb'ed bikes I'll keep using it.

Comment

I have used and like Berrymans B12 chemtool basicly the same as sea foam but cheaper
                  1990 kat 600 sigpic

Comment

For the record, you DON'T add the Berryman's to the fuel!
                    -Steve

sigpic
                    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Seafoam works well as a preventative, not a cure for true carb cleaning ...
                      Hope this clears things up for you ~

All you want to know is right here ~

Comment

Seafoan is equal parts of light oil, alcohol and naptha.I think it overated.
                        I like techron , buy it at costco,Dale of Holeshot likes ATP.I dump in a half bottle, run the Tank dry, before synching the carbs, that is the only time I use it in my bike

Comment

Used it in my oil once. My 96 was acting up, and I clearly smelled a bit of gas in my oil. So I changed the oil out with whatever I could find that was cheap. Put an ounce of this stuff in the case, took her out for 30-50 miles, and changed the oil and filter. The oil came out looking like it did 5k. Pour my preferred oil in, run it, check for gas smell. All gone. Not saying it fixed the gas in my oil, as that was just completely random (probably a fueling/flooding issue), but did a fine job. And several thousand miles later with no problems.

Comment

Dupe
                            Last edited by DClark; 03-23-2010, 07:19 PM. Reason: Dupe

Comment

Thanks for you info guys. I will use some when it comes in. My carbs seem to be working fine I was just planning on using it as a preventative measure.

Comment

Working...
                              X