Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R6's are for lite weights LMAO

get a man's bike like a R1 or GSXR1000
    TDA Racing/Motorsports
    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
    Who knows what is next?
    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
      Yeah, those R6's sure do feel a lot shorter than the Katana. And they sure can move too!

Congrats
      Most bikes do!!

Congrats on the new beast ride!!

Comment

Congrats on your new ride. Have fun and ride smart.
        I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
        http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

Awesome. I was bummed out when you posted about crashing your Kat. Nice to see you have picked yourself up and got and back out there!
          "The problem with most motorcycles is the nut that connects the seat to the handlebars."

Comment

Congrats on the new bike. Definately a nice choice. My ex had an R6, and loved it!
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Originally posted by Badkitty
              what i wanna know is , why are the brakes on the R6 so friggin touchy? You barely sqeeze and its grabs hard, sqeeze hard in a panic and your doing a stoppie. Compared to the katana.

You would think the touchy ones would be on the heavier bike.
              The brakes feel great, after the sluggish Kat brakes. I agree, the Kat needs an upgrade in that department.

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
              My guess is the cable is ready to be replaced from the sounds of it, and I'd suggest you order a new one ($20?). Meanwhile, take the existing one, disconnect it at both ends, slap an old spark plug boot over one end and start spraying it down with WD-40. Let the other end hang free so that it drains out any debris or rust. Since WD-40 is half stoddard solution (dry cleaning solution) and half mineral oil, it should clean and lube it up as well as can be expected by any product -- just make sure it can drain out the excess stoddard solution before you reinstall it.

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Thanks again for all the good ideas. I took some plastics off and adjusted the clutch cable from both ends, according to the manual. It feels just right now. Not as nice as a hydraulic clutch, but I'm not crying at every stoplight I will probably take your advice too and maybe get more improvement.

Originally posted by THAZKAT
              R6's are for lite weights LMAO

get a man's bike like a R1 or GSXR1000
              Ha! Sure

Originally posted by Macka
              Awesome. I was bummed out when you posted about crashing your Kat. Nice to see you have picked yourself up and got and back out there!
              Thanks Macka, and thanks everyone, for all the support. That's why I'm stickin' around here even though I'm not currently a Kat owner. (BTW Macka, I lived in Boston for about 3 years. I miss it!!!!)

I am constantly shocked by the way this bike DROPS into turns. It can be scary at times. Also, the power.... I don't know what to say. Yesterday, I accidentally raised the front wheel in second gear on a quick launch. I can't say that I have ever opened it up below 4th gear yet. 100 comes so quick, and I'm still trying to take it a little easy 8)
              Ride like your life depends on it.

Comment

Yup , kudos for sticking with it . Lots of people get one good scare and they're out .
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Congrats on the bike, SoloScott!!! You've got a real rocket now... Respect that throttle, and you'll do great. Glad as well that you decided to stick with riding.
                  2005 Red Katana 600!

How y'all mom n' 'em?

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                    Yup , kudos for sticking with it . Lots of people get one good scare and they're out .
                    Thanks md. I agree completely. I did not want to let my crash end my short motorcycle experience. It feels so good to be back and waving to other riders.

Originally posted by Katastrophe
                    Congrats on the bike, SoloScott!!! You've got a real rocket now... Respect that throttle, and you'll do great. Glad as well that you decided to stick with riding.
                    True, this throttle needs quite a bit of respect! I am going easy as I get used to the feel of the bike.

Comment

My God, I would be incredibly happy to have an R6, I'm already pushing to far the Katana @ the trak (taken it to the track 3 times). It just shows it is not a track bike.
                      Ich lebe mein Tod, Tag für Tag!

Willkommen zu meiner Welt...

Comment

The Kat may not win races, but there is a ton you can learn on it. If you move on to a RR 600, the bike is so light after the Kat, you can toss it around like a feather.

Comment

Working...
                        X