X

Finally going to buy a katana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cheriff View Post
    I haven't seen speedee on here in some time. And its funny you mention him because I came across someone selling their 1127 (maybe B12) engine out of their Kat. It was red and had a butt load of chrome on it - made me think it was speedee
    Either speedee or beekman. I remember speedee saying he was getting out of riding, made me sad his bike was a masterpiece.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
      Either speedee or beekman. I remember speedee saying he was getting out of riding, made me sad his bike was a masterpiece.
      Thinking it might be him (or beekman) I was/am really considering not getting my wheels and tires on the truck and snatching up his motor.
      -2000 "750"

Comment

Well I've been talking to the guy from parkcycle about the katana and he says its still there. I filled out all the financial sheets and he says my credit is excellent but that I don't have enough history on the credit report. I'm gonna call him back and see if i make a sizeable down payment (think 6 or 700 dollars) if he'll make the exception. If not, I have a buddy who has phenomenal credit, owns his own house, almost done paying it off, paid off both his cars, all his loans, credit card has no debt on it, he pays it every month. I would feel bad asking him to put himself in that situation though, its a big thing to do for somebody. As for me, financially I'm set, have a good job working 40hrs a week, no chance of not making a payment. I could have it paid off in a a year easily. I asked my dad, and he says his credit is just under 600, plus he can't co-sign right now because my parents are trying to do something with the house, i forget what. Any ideas on how I can get approved for this?

So, I might have a 2006 kat 600 or even a 2006 kat 750 this weekend. I'm pretty excited.
        Last edited by jacob.; 03-09-2010, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Alright, well I'm going to pick up the motorcycle this saturday (2 days from now) and I'm pretty pumped. 2006 Suzuki Katana with 118 miles on it! $3000. I have a few questions.

1. How is the wind protection on this? If I plan on doing a few trips on highways, will I need to update the windshield?

2. Is the bike carbed or FI?

3. How many mpg does it get and how large is the tank? Average range on 1 tank?

and finally:

4. Do the b!tches (pardon my french) like it? hehe

Comment

Working...
          X