No announcement yet.
X

Katana keeps falling over Help!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your bike isn't lowered by any chance, is it?
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

+1 on the Jay Bell post...

But I'm surprised that nobody mentioned sliders. Get some frame sliders. If you would have those on, your damage would have been minimal. Probably a few scratches...

I'll be honest, I'm not sure why the Kat likes the ground so much. I think it is a combination of the lean angle and weight (especially pointing down hill). It has zero tolerance for any kickstand that is not fully engaged.

Comment

Ie never really had the stand problem on my kat. Never dropped it, almost did once tho when I was wazoo'd and forgot to put the kickstand down, ther I was thinking when the he'll the kickstand is going to touch the ground and it was almost too late I had a buddy there fortunatly to help me cause I woulda lost it.
        For sale thread Album
        1991 Katana 600 - sold

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
          My Katana fell off the kickstand all the time. I got used to pulling the bike back by the handlebars a bit to make sure the kickstand was all the way out.
          I had the same experience with my '06 Kat when I first got it. I pull back on the bike to make sure it's leaning on that kickstand nice and solid.

Comment

Reasons like this that i design the sliders
            www.scrmotorcycles.com www.katanaOutlet.com
            Katana Frame Sliders
            The only fully tested and proven Katana sliders Rear sliders, 520 conversion, gas caps and more.
            98+ Slider are "CyberPoet Endorsed" R.I.P.
            I couldn't have done this without you.

Comment

The kickstands on these have the extra "hitch" before they are doing their job properly. Its like they have to slide against the ground after the weight of the bike is applied to it.
              -2000 "750"

Comment

If the height of the bike has been lowered but you still have the same kickstand on it might not be leaning far enough, and just falling. Just a guess with out reading too much else.

Comment

i learned the hardway, now i always use the center stand...

Comment

I always use the centerstand and it has nothing to do with my colon.

Comment

The pre kickstand sucks, plain and simple. I don't know if this was fixed for the post models. Mine has fallen while parked 4 times, though I managed to catch it twice.
                      Some people are primarily positive, others negative. Some argue about whether the glass is half full or half empty. Me? I drink the contents and call it empty.

Comment

i haven't had a problem at all. I put it down with the bars stright and when the stand hits the ground i turn to the left and pull back just to make sure and if i have a worry bout it falling i give the bike little wiggle

Comment

Never had a problem with mine falling over while warming up, but I always park with the front wheel uphill. I have watched the bike slide backwards before in a steeper driveway when warming up on the side stand though, and caught it just in time. IF the bike is pointed downhill in a driveway, it is highly likely that it will roll once it starts vibrating, and eventualy the sidestand will flop up.
                          John,
                          '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                          sigpic

Comment

I have had enough bikes not to have this happen ... and i will cry if it happens to the new bike comming .

Comment

i always get off the bike with a foot either behind or on the kickstand and give her a good jerk back to make sure it's all gravy.

never heard of that mod JB, thanks for the heads up.

and Scout and Free Coffee... please... keep up with the banter. <3
                              the kat may be the gixxer's retarded cousin, but she's a hefty broad... and i do loves me some girth between my thighs.
                              # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING
                              [02 gsx750f][03 cbr600rr]

Comment

Working...
                              X