X

Tires on the way!!!!! ( Kat96 )

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tires on the way!!!!! ( Kat96 )

Metzeler tires on the way...120/70/17 front and 150/70/17 rear for my 96 Kat! ( 258.47 ) Shipped from BikeBandit !!!! Next will be Ivans Jet Kit and Mobil 4RT Synthetic for better performance. Cant do the pipes yet but still researching to save a buck or two!
    sigpic

you should really gets some good flowing exhaust before you put the jet kit in,, congrats on the tires
    sigpicwww.violationmotorcyclegear.com
    www.dfwsportbikes.org

Comment

Originally posted by nealy212 View Post
      you should really gets some good flowing exhaust before you put the jet kit in,, congrats on the tires
      If you get high flowing exhaust, then you'll have to get a jet kit. If you only have enough for one, get the jet kit.
      Originally posted by arsenic
      93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

on the tires man! yea I would do exhaust first before jetkit
        sigpicTrust me I know everything! Just ask!

Comment

i think im just going to get a stage 3 and all the performance parts i can find, then slap them all on at one time haha
          www.dfwsportbikes.org

Comment

Thanks guys......After reading CP write up in Motorcycle Anchor, He apparently has done a TON of research and has laid it down fpr us to read and comprehend. The Ivans can be installed with-out high performance pipes and increase throttle response and torque and hp. Im sure I will get the pipes later then upgrade to K&N kit for that. Still working on getting DUAL cans ( aftermarket ) since I like them and have always had duals on ALL my bikes before...Harley, Banshee, Yamaha Venture, Honda 550 Four Etc... :blooper
            sigpic

Comment

hmmmm i need to check that out haha,,
              www.dfwsportbikes.org

Comment

Hey nealy212 , Whenever I read posts-I always see where people live and it seems you are the only guy in Texas on KR ? I have the same problem here kinda........Everyone lives too far away for a Sunday ride since I work 6 days a week in my own business. Maybe a southwest rally is in order ( Because we CAN ride all year ! ) Peace :blooperKat96
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nealy212 View Post
                  i think im just going to get a stage 3 and all the performance parts i can find, then slap them all on at one time haha
                  Hope you like having a finnicky bike with crappy gas milage. My stage 3 was balls to the wall for power but cut my milage in half and the bike often had an odd idle.

Originally posted by Kat96 View Post
                  Hey nealy212 , Whenever I read posts-I always see where people live and it seems you are the only guy in Texas on KR ? I have the same problem here kinda........Everyone lives too far away for a Sunday ride since I work 6 days a week in my own business. Maybe a southwest rally is in order ( Because we CAN ride all year ! ) Peace :blooperKat96
                  Theres quite a few from Texas, off hand I know Zuma is from there, just not sure what city.
                  Last edited by HemiKat; 12-13-2009, 02:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                  Originally posted by arsenic
                  93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Congrats man, I'm going to get sum new rubbs for my kat soon! Post pics when you get the tires!

Because we CAN ride all year !
                    jelous.
                    Last edited by Islandsteve; 12-13-2009, 05:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                    For sale thread Album
                    1991 Katana 600 - sold

Comment

Im sure I will get the pipes later then upgrade to K&N kit for that.
                      If you're running the Ivan's jet kit, I'd skip the filters. Ivan specifically recommends keeping the stock airbox and OEM filter.

Even if you want to run a FactoryPro or Dynojet kit, I'd consider skipping the K&N until you've at least got a set of more aggressive cams. A lot of people will testify to it being a nightmare to tune a kat for a K&N, but the GSXR's with the same motor (but more aggressive cams) don't get these problems reported, so I'd venture to say it would make tuning easier if you do the cams first.
                      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Eviililone (Kenny) lives about 10-20 minutes away from him in Carollton, TX, and another member lives in Denton, TX. Zuma is in Wink, TX several hours west of Dallas. I know there's several others, just can't think of the screen names and exact locations right now.
                        John,
                        '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X