X

Side Stand Spin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Side Stand Spin

So I remember back to my MSF BRC and they showed us that we could tilt the bike on the side stand and spin it around. Of course, they were little 250's, but I was wondering if anyone has ever tried this? I park my bike in my garage and I have to turn it around every morning. Well if I can do this and not have to worry about the stand bending, I might do that instead of my 13 point turn.
    Q. "What do you think when you see a pretty girl walking down the street" -A. "One side of me says, 'I'd like to talk to her, date her'. The other side of me says , 'I wonder how her head would look on a stick?"

key is keeping the bike level when it is on the stand... did it on my zr7s and i am sure the kats can do it... seen it done on a few bikes

Comment

Just back it in.

Comment

Spinning it on the side stand is a great way to weaken the stand and the bolt that attaches it.
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I've done it just to see if I could, it worked but the kat is a heavy beast and like Steves said, It's not good for the side stand.
          R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
            Spinning it on the side stand is a great way to weaken the stand and the bolt that attaches it.
            I don't know if I'd want to risk it
            Sex Panther cologne -- 60% of the time, it works every time

Comment

On my dirtbike, all the time. On the Kat, never.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

I used to do it on the center stand on another bike...the place we had at the time was one of those steep declined driveways...there was just enough space to spin it 180° in the garage. You push down on the grab bar, lifting the front wheel off the ground and around you go.
                2004 GSX750F

Comment

Done it all the time with my Katana 600. Just gotta get it balanced, then it spins easy.

Comment

Its not that hard with the Kats I did that on my GFs, it was a little heavy to get up but simple enough.

I've been doing that maneuver for like 8 years with my speedie without having any stand issues.

Comment

i watch in awe and envy when my friends do it with their sport 6s... but, i'll never attempt it. if she falls, she'd fall right on me... she's hefty, and i value my toes.
                      the kat may be the gixxer's retarded cousin, but she's a hefty broad... and i do loves me some girth between my thighs.
                      # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING
                      [02 gsx750f][03 cbr600rr]

Comment

Originally posted by kat_kitten View Post
                        the kat may be the gixxer's retarded cousin, but she's a hefty broad... and i do loves me some girth between my thighs.

HOLY CRAP I just read that!!! FREAKIN AWESOME!!!

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

You can accomplish the same thing by putting the Kat on the Center stand then spin it around pretty easy. I have done this several times and the center stand keeps it balanced. Just a suggestion.
                          If you enjoy the freedom to ride, if you enjoy the freedom to ride anywhere you want, Thank a US Military Vet. THANKS FOR SERVING!!!!

Comment

I do it all the time. But my bike's a bit lighter...
                            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                            Originally posted by soulless kaos
                            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Its just like riding wheelies. Just because it can do it doesnt mean it likes it. I dont trust that thin piece of steel to support all that bike. Id rather just
                              park it right to begin with.
                              Joker
                              The newest addition to the Family!
                              sigpic
                              stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

Working...
                              X