No announcement yet.
X

Side Stand Spin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a pic of a guy I just showed how to do the kickstand spin trying it on the Kat.

Comment

That just looks like a FAIL waiting to happen.
      Joker
      The newest addition to the Family!
      sigpic
      stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

Centerstand spin

There is a commercialy made item that allows you to put the bike on the platform with the centerstand and then spin it around. I used to own one and it worked pretty good.

It was a flat piece of steel mounted on a circle of ball bearings.

Comment

Wow...that's a lot of responses. Thanks everyone for the help. I think I might give it a shot, but I was looking at my side stand and it looks like it might be bent anyways. I would think it would be straight, but it has a bit of a curve to it, maybe it's just me.
          Q. "What do you think when you see a pretty girl walking down the street" -A. "One side of me says, 'I'd like to talk to her, date her'. The other side of me says , 'I wonder how her head would look on a stick?"

Comment

Originally posted by Hegmann1391 View Post
            Wow...that's a lot of responses. Thanks everyone for the help. I think I might give it a shot, but I was looking at my side stand and it looks like it might be bent anyways. I would think it would be straight, but it has a bit of a curve to it, maybe it's just me.
            Mine has a factory bend in it.

Comment

Is that rubber on the driveway? If so, there's at least a whole tire laying on the pavement

I can spin my ZX10R pretty easily, but the Kat sits almost straight up while on the stand, and takes a lot of muscle to get the tires off the ground. It's usually not worth the effort.

I don't do it very often, but it's good to know how in case you need it sometime.

Comment

Yeah, my driveway has seen a few burnouts

Yet another oddity of the Kat's kickstand, it can move out (away) from the bike. When I park the bike, I usually have to use my foot to push the kickstand out a little further (unless I'm on smooth concrete, where it'll slide out by itself). Without pushing it out, it stands too vertical for my liking.

Comment

not worth the hasle

Comment

I've done it, and subsequently ruined my sidestand bolt and the mount it bolts into is ovaled out, which allows the sidestand to fall of the kill switch when going down the road....

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                    You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Originally posted by teddy View Post
                      I've done it, and subsequently ruined my sidestand bolt and the mount it bolts into is ovaled out, which allows the sidestand to fall of the kill switch when going down the road....
                      And that's what you have to worry about. Suzuki never engineered the stands to perform that task. I was trying to remember who was having a problem... thanks for posting ted. I remember looking at your stand at the rally and wondering if the bike was going to fall over

I've seen some older airheads that DID have center stands designed to pivot though...
                      -Steve

sigpic
                      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by JokerZwild View Post
                        That just looks like a FAIL waiting to happen.

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'

Comment

Originally posted by paul.miner View Post
                          Mine has a factory bend in it.

Well then I'm glad it's not just me. From what I'm hearing, it could go either way.
                          Q. "What do you think when you see a pretty girl walking down the street" -A. "One side of me says, 'I'd like to talk to her, date her'. The other side of me says , 'I wonder how her head would look on a stick?"

Comment

Originally posted by Hegmann1391 View Post
                            Well then I'm glad it's not just me. From what I'm hearing, it could go either way.

it would probably go towards you though. I say just lift the back end up enough to let the tire slide then do your thing.

Comment

I can't believe they would show you that in in an MSF course. BAD FORM! I don't care if the bike weighs 200lbs, it is still bad form. Just because you can doesn't mean you should. I can wipe my butt with my hand, but it works better when I use something designed for the task, like toilet paper.

Originally posted by teddy View Post
                              PO did it to my Kat. The sidestand switch works fine, but when parking I get an extra 15 degrees of lean.
                              Pics
                              Pics
                              No pics yet
                              Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

I've never tried it with my Kat but my buddy at work has a cbr1000 and he can do it no prob. But I think his bike only weighs like 300 pounds
                                1999 Katana 750

Comment

Working...
                                X