Moving to UK

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tone View Post
    hello mate

you shouldnt have a problem with the mot as long as your headlight dips the right way & you dont have indicators that stay on all the while, the coments about noisy pipes only apply to jobsworth mot testers & as long as its not stamped not for road use or stupidly loud there wont be a problem, self adhesive reflectors are 50p & small enough to stick a couple to your no plate if you need to

basically if its safe it will be fine any specific questions just ask & i'll answer them for you no bother

what i'd be more worried about than anything is officially importing it as this may require you to go through an sva test, not much hassle if its a stock bike but could be hassle if there's some mods, look it up before you decide to go ahead

tone

Go Tone !!!

Comment

Just out of curiosity.... is it possible to bring it in country while maintaining the registration here? I've read about folks that "take" their cars along, but don't necessarily have to register them in country.
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

It sounds like some new fun ...i dont like riding in the rain ,and there it will rain alot , but the country roads should be fun .Im sure you will see some older 2 smoker street bikes that they dident sell here.

Comment

Riding weather should be a lot like living in the Seattle/Tacoma area. If you want to ride, invest in some good rain gear.

It should be an exciting time for you, enjoy!!!
          2007 Honda CBR600rr
          2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
          sigpic

Comment

Enjoy dude. Bristol is a stones throw from some beautiful roadds and countryside Remember to be on the left hand side of the road and like Tone says as long as you havent got ridiculous cans MOT testers tend to let it fly, This also then gives you ammo against the police if they stop you. "Hey officer I have an mot cert to prove they are ok"

Enjoy matey

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
              Just out of curiosity.... is it possible to bring it in country while maintaining the registration here? I've read about folks that "take" their cars along, but don't necessarily have to register them in country.
              I was thinking about that too steves, you used to be able to run imported vehicles for so long over here without re-registering them & all the hassle that comes with that, but i cant find any up to date info on it, could be worth looking into though
              Renthals & twin spots do not make a streetfighter !

Comment

Working...
              X