X

Can he put DEISSEL in it????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can he put DEISSEL in it????

well,last weekend we decided to go to a Stunt Party.So i go to the gasstation an told the boy to fill it with 95 regular for 20leva(10EURO)
    when go out of the gasstation after i paid i saw on the monitor fuel for 10leva at price 1.89(which was the price ot the dissel).I thought-"he couldn`t be that dumb" and supposed that the car stopped near the bike and filled after me,while i was paying.....
    So after 30km my kat was`nt runing well,dies at idle and overheat,sounded like some cylinder wasn`t working
    i left the bike to a friend and go to the party with car,there got drunk and couldn`t take my bike home
    SO:
    Can the boy at gas station put deissel???
    or i must look for another problem???
    Last edited by HS2020; 09-08-2009, 08:27 AM.
    Live to ride,
    Ride KATANA!

Originally posted by chemomche View Post
    well,last weekend we decided to go to a Stunt Party.So i go to the gasstation an told the boy to fill it with 95 regular for 20leva(10EURO)
    when go out of the gasstation after i paid i saw on the monitor fuel for 10leva at price 1.89(which was the price ot the dissel).I thought-"he couldn`t be that dumb" and supposed that the car stopped near the bike and filled after me,while i was paying.....
    So after 30km my kat was`nt runing well,dies at idle and overheat,sounded like some cylinder wasn`t working
    i left the bike to a friend and go to the party with car,there got drunk, and couldn`t take my bike home
    SO:
    Can the boy at gas station put deissel???
    or i must look for another problem???

1. Dont mention the word stoned on this forum. Personally I dont care but I wouldnt want to see a fellow doobiebrother get banned for using such lingo.

2. Obviously they cant run on diesel... they run on gas... NOT the same thing. If you paid diesel price and it just randomly happened to run like sh*t after that then thats where id start.

3. Stunt party for other bikes or what? You shouldnt be stunting a kat man, even if you could get it up your going to be replacing for seals in about 300km

4. Your bike is designed to run on 87 (not sure about euro models but I imagine its the same) dont waste your money running premium gas... or diesel

5. Drain the gas tank and flush it with good gas. Take off the carbs and clean them thoroughly, new spark plugs, new oil, and hopefully you didnt do any severe damage to the engine itself.
    Last edited by HS2020; 09-08-2009, 08:28 AM.

Comment

(A) Drain all the fuel from the tank. You'll know by the smell and the oily feeling if it's diesel.

(B) Then drain the carbs.

(C) Put in fresh known-good gasoline (use the highest octane sold for the first tank).

(D) Pray.

Diesel fuel won't damage the tank or the carbs, but can leave behind oily residue that is difficult to remove. In the cylinders, it can do damage, but normally will NOT because the engine does not provide enough pressure for it to ignite properly. You may need to clean or replace your spark plugs as well.

PS - sorry for duplicating Ed's post... was typing as he was typing... he was spot on, except for the octane rating info (yes, Ed, European octane ratings are different than US ratings -- we use PON, they use RON).

Cheers
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
        (A) Drain all the fuel from the tank. You'll know by the smell and the oily feeling if it's diesel.

(B) Then drain the carbs.

(C) Put in fresh known-good gasoline (use the highest octane sold for the first tank).

(D) Pray.

Diesel fuel won't damage the tank or the carbs, but can leave behind oily residue that is difficult to remove. In the cylinders, it can do damage, but normally will NOT because the engine does not provide enough pressure for it to ignite properly. You may need to clean or replace your spark plugs as well.

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Is there an echo in here?

Comment

See my PS

Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

1.here in Bulgaria we nave only 95+(unloaded)
            2.for the stunt show-it was bike stunt party,but i was going to watch,however i love to do some drifting with my kat
            3.new spark plugs,new oil-why is that????the fuel hasn`t contacted the oil,and i can clean the plugs
            4.i had may be the same problem 2 months ago,but just from bad fuel
            Live to ride,
            Ride KATANA!

Comment

\
              PS - sorry for duplicating Ed's post... was typing as he was typing... he was spot on, except for the octane rating info (yes, Ed, European octane ratings are different than US ratings -- we use PON, they use RON).

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              I figured thats what happened.... a race to who can help him the fastest!!!!

Thanks for the euro info too, i figured it was different, but wasnt sure.

3.new spark plugs,new oil-why is that????the fuel hasn`t contacted the oil,and i can clean the plugs
              4.i had may be the same problem 2 months ago,but just from bad fuel
              (3) Spark plugs because the diesel probably fouled them, and I dont know about you but I wouldnt want diesel contaminants in my engine. Better safe than sorry.

(4) Probably because they gave you diesel
              Last edited by IndyGunner; 09-07-2009, 03:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

well i put that fuel to my brother gs1100 1980` and i was running well

another thought-can it be low battery???the day before i had to push te bike to start it,but since then i was starting normally
                i have Russian regulator relay with green led to show if its charging
                at idle i wasn`t chaging but at little higher(1500rpm) i was good
                Live to ride,
                Ride KATANA!

Comment

well i put that fuel to my brother gs1100 1980` and i was running well

another thought-can it be low battery???the day before i had to push te bike to start it,but since then i was starting normally
                  i have Russian regulator relay with green led to show if its charging
                  at idle i wasn`t chaging but at little higher(1500rpm) i was good
                  Ok, you need to go smell your gas tank before you post anymore questions. Your asking us two completely different paths of fixing stuff. Go smell it, if its not diesel then go get a volt meter and check it to be charged @ +-12 volts and charging somewhere between 13.5 and 15V (Guesstamate of numbers since i dont have a manual handy)

Your idle should be set at 1800rpm btw.

Comment

If the battery is powerful enough to spin the starter, it's not the battery.
                    The alternator (that makes the power) may have a problem, specifically in the rectifier pack (that changes A/C to D/C), but you would normally see symptoms elsewhere first (bulbs going out, etc).

A 1980 GS1100 will run worse fuel than a newer, smaller engine (less sensitive), especially if you mixed it in with gasoline that was already there (remember, it takes about 5 to 10 minutes for the bike to eat what was already in the carbs).

Cheers
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

(remember, it takes about 5 to 10 minutes for the bike to eat what was already in the carbs).

Cheers
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      or about 30km till he got into some diesel fuel.... hmmmmm

Comment

well,my bike is about 160km.from me now
                        i will get it not sooner than saturday,so i ask these question to be prepered when i go to get it-what to carry with me,what to expect and will i be able to ge ti back home runing....
                        thanks for the info

btw 10-15 minutes was exactly the time when the problems occured

have a addition for cleaning carbon from the engine(at the another gas station said it was for than,but it was written that its foe injection engines)
                        sholud i put some of it????
                        Live to ride,
                        Ride KATANA!

Comment

Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

have a addition for cleaning carbon from the engine(at the another gas station said it was for than,but it was written that its foe injection engines)
                            sholud i put some of it????
                            The only fuel additive I would use is seafoam. Drain the tank, put new spark plugs in, drain the carbs, fill the tank with the best gas you can buy and put the recommended amount of seafoam in. If that doesnt work you probably have to take the carbs off and clean them (unless this is a different problem all together, but you wont know until you smell the tank)

Good luck

Comment

have a addition for cleaning carbon from the engine(at the another gas station said it was for than,but it was written that its foe injection engines) -- sholud i put some of it????
                              Not until after you ride through at least six liters of good fuel first. You do not want to end up with any combination between the diesel and the additive forming something it shouldn't.

Cheers
                              =-= The CyberPoet
                              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                              X