Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Been riding for 2 months and I've already crashed!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
    Pay special attention here. I dropped my Katana in a parking lot and a few months later my left bar snapped clean off while pulling into my driveway. Very lucky I wasn't at speed.
    And just FYI: I do carry the tubes & levers as new OEM replacements for those who need 'em in a rush after a drop.

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

When an animal runs in front of me , a few things run through my mind .

1) I love animals and never wish them any harm . If it's them or me .. I pick me, sorry for them.

2) If it's small enough not to wreck on ..... dead bunny . If it's a moose I generally crap my pants ... and pray (I'm not religious)

3) I quickly decide which will cause my person more harm .. hitting the animal or evading the animal ... tough call sometimes.

All in all I say - If it's smaller than a turkey ... Power in , If it's bigger that a dog ... evade .
      Scotty Doesn't Know ...Scotty Doesn't Know.. Don't Tell Scotty

Comment

The Kat is big and heavy enough to make it over most “road kill” uneventful. It was dark one morning when I went to pass a slower cage, as I pulled out to pass; there was a large road kill in my lane. The Kat went over like a bump in the road making a squish/ squish sound. I did see video on Youtube somewhere where someone hit a deer crossing the road. It cut the deer in half and the guy didn’t even lose control of his bike bringing it to a stop.
        It's not speed that kills, it's the deceleration!

Experience is a hard teacher. She gives you the test first, and then teaches the lesson.

TXSBR.com Alais: TexasSportBiker

Comment

Man, that sucks! Next time just hit it!! Glad you're OK!

Comment

Who posted a vid about a guy hitting a deer?
            sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
            ------------------------------------------
            89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
            96 YZF 1000R

Comment

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M15lUDreErk"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M15lUDreErk"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]
              It's not speed that kills, it's the deceleration!

Experience is a hard teacher. She gives you the test first, and then teaches the lesson.

TXSBR.com Alais: TexasSportBiker

Comment

Working...
              X