X

Emergency cash?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emergency cash?

Mer1978 asked an interesting question about where you keep important documents for your bike. I've got a related question:

Do any of you keep a small reserve of cash on the bike somewhere--enough say for a couple tanks of gas, a battery, a meal or accommodation in a cheap motel? I've been caught without enough cash to pay for gas once because Herself got busy and cleaned out my primary savings account, and was very glad I had an emergency credit card with me. As a result I now keep about $50 stashed on my bike at all times and never touch it.
    High-velocity Geek

'06 GSX750F

I keep a dollar in my wallet to make phone calls and an AMEX card, b/c AMEX has no limits to spending. Other than that, I don't really need anything unless my wallet gets stolen.
    -
    -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

i dont but you've got me thinking maybe i should, have run out of petrol once

Comment

Originally posted by Londob5 View Post
        I keep a dollar in my wallet to make phone calls and an AMEX card, b/c AMEX has no limits to spending. Other than that, I don't really need anything unless my wallet gets stolen.
        Hm...handy about the Amex. Lots of places here, though, won't take it. There have been times when I've left the house in a hurry and found that my wallet was in my other pants...cards no good to me then.

Ride safe!

Originally posted by RFB123 View Post
        i dont but you've got me thinking maybe i should, have run out of petrol once
        Yuuuuup. I've never run out of petrol yet (touch wood), but I've had to scrabble together change to cover a petrol purchase I'd planned to do on my card...then discovered my backup-never-used-because-it's-frimpin'-near-impossible-to-pay credit card.
        Last edited by Absyn-thesis; 08-27-2009, 03:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
        High-velocity Geek

'06 GSX750F

Comment

Maybe keep $20 inside the tool kit under the seat? and keep the tool kit in a ziplock bag?

Comment

Originally posted by Absyn-thesis View Post
            Mer1978 asked an interesting question about where you keep important documents for your bike. I've got a related question:

Do any of you keep a small reserve of cash on the bike somewhere--enough say for a couple tanks of gas, a battery, a meal or accommodation in a cheap motel? I've been caught without enough cash to pay for gas once because Herself got busy and cleaned out my primary savings account, and was very glad I had an emergency credit card with me. As a result I now keep about $50 stashed on my bike at all times and never touch it.

Never really thought about that due to credit cards...... so uh..... where do you park your bike normally?
            Sex Panther cologne -- 60% of the time, it works every time

Comment

Originally posted by cybrnathan View Post
              Never really thought about that due to credit cards...... so uh..... where do you park your bike normally?
              And is there an alarm on it???
              Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
              Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

I used to keep cash in my car... when I was poor, in college, and sometimes would run out and need it for gas.

I used to carry a "hidden 20" in my wallet for emergencies... but after about 5 years of never using it... I just stopped doing that.

Even if my significant other decided to go on a shopping spree, I could break into the toy fund which is another bank account
                -Steve

sigpic
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by scottb View Post
                  Maybe keep $20 inside the tool kit under the seat? and keep the tool kit in a ziplock bag?
                  +1
                  "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

Yes, I generally keep some emergency $$ stashed in the bike somewhere, especially on longer road-trips. Last thing I want is to not be able to pay for gas, etc. because I lost my wallet...

=-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I keep a fiddy under the seat, and a spare key taped to the inside of my riding boots.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

worst case scenario id call my rents and get money transfered. Although I always keep a visa and a $20 folded in my wallet. Only things kept in my bike are an air gauge, eye drops, my registration and insurance info, and a pack of cigs.

Comment

I have hubby pay
                          Guylaine
                          Try and keep up now

Comment

I keep money on my bike for gas. Thing is it's been there so long I've forgotten how much and where it is. I think it's ziplocked in my tool kit bag....guess I better go look when i get home.
                            This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
                            BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

Not a bad idea. I guess because I've never run out or forgot my wallet I've never thought of it.

Maybe the ziplock with the bike info and the manual is a good idea.
                              All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on.

Comment

Working...
                              X