No announcement yet.
X

Leg cramps while riding..ouch!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I rode to Daytona this year for Bike Week, I didn't get any cramps at all until I stopped for gas. When you get used to laying down for so long, then you all of a sudden stand up, it hurts a lot. Guess I might just be getting old...

Comment

I do the Harley guy pose, only with imaginary highway pegs!!!!!

Comment

Re: Leg cramps while riding..ouch!

Originally posted by WildKat
        Man I hate that, you're riding along and all of the sudden, Holy Shiate!! you're leg starts to cramp up and end up looking like an idiot as you stretch out your leg in all kinds of directions, standing up on your bike trying to work it out!

I dont get them too much while riding into to work since its only a 20 minute ride there..but on the long rides, sometimes they'll creep on ya.

Suzuki makes a great mod for just that sort of problem.
        Kinda expensive though.... runs about $11800 and some change OTD. :P
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by meanstrk
          Drink more water to help avoid those cramps.

No, not you Lou, you would just end up pissing yourself in addition to the massive lumpy skid marks in your draws. The resultant mud pie would be most disturbing
          I need to write that down.
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

Meanstrk has most of the solution -- more water. And a bit more salt or electrolytes in general. As you ride, you dehydrate, and that dehydration plays out as muscle cramping as one of the first signs of trouble. No better indication that it's time to stop, have a gatoraide or soda and possibly also a small snack (salted peanuts work well).

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
            X