Go Pro cam mounting areas?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go Pro cam mounting areas?

Where are you folks mounting the cams?

I cant find ANY place on the bike where its not bobbly, or affected by wind.

I cant mount to the fender, as its too wobbly... an 03-06 fender has side screws, the 98-02 does not.

windscreen.. wobbly windy
    front fairings, wobbly windy

ideas?

See My Garage for mods...
    T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
    Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Tech mount to the handle bars? Gas cap?
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Helmet?

I thought someone posted here recently of their mounting the camera to the frame sliders. That's of course you'll need to buy BRAUNSTEIN82's frame sliders.

edit: Oh, I just looked at your garage, you already have the frame sliders.
      How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
      How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
      How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
      How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Gas cap.
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

dark windscreen, gas cap a no go, aside form the fact I never want my speedo in a vid

*I* was one of the folks that made a slider mount, but the gopro doesn't come with a handlebar mount, and I'm not payin them $20 for one....that mounts the damn thing SIDEWAYS.

I'll figure something out, thanks.

Comment

i put one of the mounts on the front of my helmet, and use the vertical mount arm to hook it on. i've also got a tab on the front fender that seems to work out well. i have a tab on my swingarm, i've used the suction mount on the side of the main fairings. i've tried several different areas, none of them really seems wobbly or wind affected to me. no matter what though, it's gonna seem a bit jumpy at times, cause it moves with the bike. the body of the bike moves around a lot when you're riding, so the camera will move around a lot as well.
            2004 Katana
            GO OWLS!!!

Comment

Do you have the mount that is articulated in the middle? Maybe you could try mounting on the frame beam that is visible through the fairing vent (you said pre right?) you would only get one side of the bike but it's like a cool cinematic angle
              ----------------------------------
              1992 GSX600f
              1976 Z400

www.cityriders.weebly.com

Comment

Consider taking a strap of metal or hard plastic, making a brace that runs across the underside of the fairing under the headlights and mounting it there -- or for a better variation, take a look at Squiggy's accessory light bar. It's a good low angle, should do fairly well against vibes and gets it away from your sight (no speedo measurements shown, nothing to bash against if you go down).

Other than that, if you're not willing to go $20 for a "real" mount (tank, controls), I got nada that won't have vibes...

Cheers
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1o0R3woe-A"]YouTube - To The Gas Station[/ame]

just a quick vid i threw together to show one of the mounting options i've come up with. threw some relaxing music in with it.
                  Last edited by SilentTJ; 08-09-2009, 02:24 PM.
                  2004 Katana
                  GO OWLS!!!

Comment

ok, thanks for the suggestions... I mounted it just above the front parking light.

since thats a bit wobbly, I used a spare spike bolt... drilled a screwhole in the front of the plate, and into the headlight mounting bucket underneath.

Slid a strip of rubber up in there, and screwed the spike bolt in to keep it tight.

it barely moves.. this should be perfect!

I wanted to mount it steady, as the vids i got at the rally with the articulated mount was REALLY affected by wind, as the mount came off the windscreen... so when the windscreen flexed, the cam moved as much as 1"... really wrecked some vids at higher speeds.

I may yet stick one on the frame member on the side, or fab a mount for my slider.. we'll see.

Comment

Working...
                    X