Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Going from USA to South America on a KAT!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're a brave, brave man. Good luck and be safe!

Comment

It sounds like the driving rain pushed water into some of your molex connectors (multi-pin plastic-surrounded mating connectors). If you haven't packed them with dielectric grease, I would highly recommend you do so before you journey further south (esp. before crossing the tropic line).

Cheers
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Last edited by FDuranCol; 09-17-2009, 10:10 PM.

Comment

what a blast....enjoy your trip be safe and keep posting pictures
          sigpic

Comment

I'm so envious. I wish I could take off for a trip like that. Well, I'd have to take Larissa, since I don't speak Spanish...... eh... unless I could be content with only ever insulting people. I don't know how far I'd get like that.

Anyway, where is your ultimate destination? How far into S.A. do you plan to go? And watch out for those senoritas you speak of. They all want the same thing, just in different currency depending on the country. Ride safe!
            Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Will be crossing el paso tomorrow, and will attempt to reach chihuahua, like i said before one day at a time...

(want to reach Colombia, and after couple months there head for chile, thats the idea... but right now it sounds sci-fi )

Comment

haayyyaayyyaaaayyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!

Made it to Chihuahua, staying tonight will post pics tomorrow... reeeeaaaallyyyy tired....

Comment

Originally posted by FDuranCol View Post
                  Thank God for Walmart... and the good old people they hire
                  WAHOO, i work for wal mart, not at a store though...and your welcome lol

good luck on your journey and be safe.
                  99 katana 600- sold, but not forgotten
                  06 yamaha yzf600r- down for the count
                  06 Honda CBR 600rr- current bike
                  lord, please let me be the person my dog thinks i am

Comment

Fer.. keep us posted please!! let me know where you are.. it would've been so awesome to be there with you!! Be careful!!
                    Lil Sis

Comment

sa trip

good luck from georgia. ride safely.
                      no good deed goes unpunished!

Comment

Wow. Very, very cool man. I look forward to seeing all your updates. Ride safe and may G-d guide you on your travels.
                        Nuff said.

Comment

Will update Soon

Hola zulmita (my sis).. and hello everybody...

First let me thank you for all the support.

The day i left the town TRUTH OR CONSEQUENCES. I headed for El Paso TX.
                          Early in the morning, 10am hit the road with couple of showers that felt like a curtain of rain, 5 minutes of intense water then clear and shiny...

EL PASO

Finally got to El Paso, very exited to see how geography and everything changes as soon as i cross the border, El paso like any small US City with one obscure corner in witch lies a small flea market.
                          At the end there is an small street that ends with a bridge, in that corner, i asked an old man (mexican with hat and boots, like everybody...)... ""whats across the bridge...?""
                          he reply, ""A MUCH. DIFFERENT TOWN""....
                          I wasn't sure if that was an indication, an statement, or his final words...

Then i Proceed to enter Juarez....
                          now, 90% of people said that Juarez was a very dangerous town... and they are right... there is la mafia, el cartel de drogas, and all kinds of crime, but there is also tons of military, police, and federales, in fact as soon as i cross the bridege, there were 3 checkpoints, no aduana or immigration...

Bridge from Juarez...

Military on the road...

Police said that there will be aduana 40 kilometers down the road, so that direction i took.
                          Their offices were empty, they stamped my passport for 6 months. paid 30 buck and they gave me a map. the entire process took about 40 min.

I must say that people here drive like they just have stolen something...
                          I mean i was used to the driving TYPE of SA but here...OMG!!!

PUERTA DE JUAREZ

I was doing an average of 90 to 100 miles an hour and they passed me lik if i was doing 40!!!

The roads vary from very bad, to so so, to good, to really good, all at the same time...

all and all i haven't had any problem or any risky situation on the road... safety first....

HOUSE ON THE ROAD...

more rain... this one felt like a slap in the face as soon as i hit it....

Later i stopped to lunch in Villa Ahumada, There was a car with this logo... hawwww

Well here I am after 1400 miles!!!

Last edited by FDuranCol; 09-20-2009, 03:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Awesome trip so far! Keep us updated!
                            Chrome Project Part 1
                            http://www.freewebs.com/mreedohio/

Chrome Project Part 2

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Chrome Project Part 3
                            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192&page=30

Chrome Project Finished
                            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=107586

Comment

getting to Chihuahua...

Comment

Awesome .... it's kinda like we are there .... thanks for taking us along.

keep safe!

Comment

Working...
                                X