Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Going from USA to South America on a KAT!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• holy crap. That was some maneuver. I never thought I'd see a Kat on the deck of a sailboat. Awesome.

Comment

• Freaking amazing!!
      I invite you to church.

Comment

• So, this story is amazing.

I have just started reading it today and i got through it all. You've got some big balls. I am not sure where your balls got so big exactly but they've grown by running from cops, bribing cops, crazy roads, dirt roads, etc... then by LIFTING YOUR KAT ONTO THE BOAT!!!!!!!!!!! WTF!!!!!!!!! wowzers..

I think you've not only enspired the biking world, but the whole world with a story like this. Imagine doing the same jot when you retire and it will be so much worse/different. i've done tons of studying on different countries adn cultures adn this story should be todl in a movie.

Good luck with your ride and Hope your safe!

Comment

• Godspeed
          CSBA #1167
          Renew your mind with God's Word and His Spirit today! Let others see you walking and living by faith! Let yesterday go! God Bless!

Comment

• Hey buddy, a couple of questions.... I think I may have missed while reading the story....
            I have been an avid reader of the whole trip for I was with ya when ya started planning and telling it via here.

Now where is your riding buddy...didnt see his bike on the boat. How did ya change boats? Why were you on a boat? Where are you.... come out from all the ladies and tell us something...lol

Awaiting your arrival on here....

God bless you FD

Dee Phi
            1990 GSXR 750 Slingshot(sold)
            1992 GSXF Katana 750(sold 2014)
            1994 GSXF Katana 600 (gave away)
            2007 Suzuki Boulevard C-90 (sold)
            2003 GSX 1300R Hayabusa (purchased 2013)

I MIGHT HAVE BEEN THE BIGGEST DUDE YOUVE SEEN ON A 750 KAT.....

Comment

• hello once again,
              I'm in Colombia and have to say that it is a riders paradise...
              andes are beautiful filled with canyons twisties, water, food, and nice people.
              to come back to the story....

well i posted those pictures just to present an apology why i didn't post, but here is the story.

we were in panama city with my KLR friend and the question was... how tha heck are we going to cross the Darien Gap...

I proposed that we go to Colon, then head to portobello and get as close we can to the Darien and the Cuna Indians...

we didn't know exactly how long this process was going to take, and he had a time frame...

so he found a flying ticket for his bike and for him.... we went to PANCITYINT airport he shiped his bike directly to Bogota Colombia, then i took him to his flight...

here the pics...

the company is called GIRAC... it is located INSIDE panama airport easy to find, and for 900 bucks they ship your bike to Anywhere in SA. usually Colombia...

here we found some other travelers... from all over the world... i guess I'm not the only CUCU...

Here paying the fee

funny how they copy the money... maybe accounting process???

Here the last pic of my dear friend Crawford.. heading to Colombia.....
              on that moment seemed so easy to cross...
              he left, and when i was heading to Colon by my self, loneliness hit me hard... i was use to see him in the mirror and watching out for him... he was a great ridding buddy... a good friend.

Last edited by FDuranCol; 03-16-2010, 10:18 AM.

Comment

• I decided to stay an other night at the hotel, maybe just take it easy and start putting a plan together...
                eat well sleep well, rest a bit before hit the road.

here some interesting pics...

KATCAT

This are the prices for dry cleaning, plus ironing...

Here is the plan...

No plan.

That's how i started that's the way it will be, so pack, check the bike, gas filled. let's go....

Heading to Colon... very nice hwy.... no pics, sorry, i was just thinking, that's one benefit of riding by your self, you analyze and recap... reflex...

then i got to a gas station and asked where is portolindo? they said take this route heading east.... just go east, and be careful its not safe, there is no police.... well that was good news for me... (yea you know).

Last edited by FDuranCol; 03-16-2010, 11:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• Any idea when you are planning to head north again?
                  -Steve

sigpic
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                  Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

• Originally posted by d_phi_d View Post
                    Hey buddy, a couple of questions.... I think I may have missed while reading the story....
                    I have been an avid reader of the whole trip for I was with ya when ya started planning and telling it via here.

Now where is your riding buddy...didnt see his bike on the boat. How did ya change boats? Why were you on a boat? Where are you.... come out from all the ladies and tell us something...lol

Awaiting your arrival on here....

God bless you FD

Dee Phi

R./ the boat boat changing will be coming soon, i had to take the boat because there is no road...

My A. plan and my only plan is that at any time that i have a problem that i cannot resolve, or i am in danger... i'll just take one bag keep my Documents, and fly my *** back home...
                    leaving everything behind... no strings no attachments the way life should be, travel light... travel far...

so to answer the other question, how did i transfer the Kat from a canoe to a sailingboat...

If the bike was to be dropped..... i guess it was going to be the first SCUBA KAT ON EARTH....

Originally posted by steves View Post

Any idea when you are planning to head north again?
                    My destination is still South, I am in Colombia at the moment, i wouldlike to take some time before head south, Colombia is a gorgeous place and i'd like to explore it...

if anyone come by here and need anything... let me know...
                    Last edited by FDuranCol; 03-16-2010, 11:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• You my friend is a true rider. Keep on ridin the dream for as far as the road takes you and beyond.
                      Last edited by tindallt; 03-16-2010, 11:52 AM.
                      We intimidate those who intimidate others.
                      Stay Alert! Stay Alive!

Comment

• GREAT TO HEAR FROM YOU. Nice pictures! Make ssure your having fun!

Comment

• good to see your still rolling....any plans to hook back up with Crawford? In a couple of your pics there was a rider infront of you, was that him or someone else? GodSpeed Bro!
                          Godspeed
                          CSBA #1167
                          Renew your mind with God's Word and His Spirit today! Let others see you walking and living by faith! Let yesterday go! God Bless!

Comment

• I am still in awe. Did you keep the kat or have to leave her?
                            sigpic

My youtube page http://www.youtube.com/user/twotonevert

Comment

• Thanks for keeping us up to date! I figure your temporary importation for your bike has to be about run out in Colombia, no? So which direction are you going from there? Down Chile and Argentina, or across Venezuela and down Brazil? If I finally make a trip down there, I'm pretty sure I'll run across Venezuela and down to the Amazon, so I can ride a riverboat for a few days.......... but I'm still afraid of Venezuela. After all, if a Colombian tells me to be afraid of Venezuela, then I should REALLY be afraid of it, right?
                              Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

• Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
                                Thanks for keeping us up to date! I figure your temporary importation for your bike has to be about run out in Colombia, no? So which direction are you going from there? Down Chile and Argentina, or across Venezuela and down Brazil? If I finally make a trip down there, I'm pretty sure I'll run across Venezuela and down to the Amazon, so I can ride a riverboat for a few days.......... but I'm still afraid of Venezuela. After all, if a Colombian tells me to be afraid of Venezuela, then I should REALLY be afraid of it, right?
                                Well thats true, about the temporary importation, here you have 6 months, that you can extend that permit up to a year, and to be honest i dont know well the situation at the COL/VEN border, COLOMBIA is the only true allied with the US in S.A...
                                All i know is that couple weeks ago, the Border Police arrested a Colombian citizen just for the fact that he had a US Driver license, then he was charged with ESPIONAJE...
                                He is still in jail, and not even the Colombian Consulate is authorized to see him...

Now can you imagine what would happen if they see a COLORADO plate COLORADO DL. plus American Documents in their own soil??? they might say we are invading.....

At this time while CHAVEZ is in charge... Gringos are not really welcome... silly you....

I rather risk my chances with Ecuador...
                                Last edited by FDuranCol; 03-17-2010, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X