Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Going from USA to South America on a KAT!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by paul.miner View Post
    Bold taking pictures of cops, good thing you speak the language!

For sure. When we were coming back from Mexico in March, one guy I was with took a picture of the Mexican border patrol and they started buzzing about and pointing at our car. I thought for sure we were heaging to the pokey.

Comment

• GREAT TO HEAR MORE ABOUT YOUR TRIP. PICTURES ARE GREAT. GLAD YOU MADE IT WITHOUT TOO MUCH HASSLE. HOPE YOUR TRIP CONTINUES TROUBLE FREE. THANKS FOR POSTINGS. RIDE SAFE.
      never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

• wow this is the best thread ever! Love the pics!! This is the stuff i always dream about but life wont let me do!! Keep up the excellent work!
        sigpic
        If everyone rode motorcycles there wouldn't be so many idiot drivers

Comment

• Fernando, guys,

I am also joining the thread for the first time. Have been reading it as a "soap opera" - a chapter a day - on the last few days, as my calendar would afford. Got very interested in this story, because this is something I planned when I lived in Evanston, IL. I am from São Paulo, Brasil, and I intended , once I finished my MBA, to drive back to São Paulo. Did a lot of research, planning every step throughout the countries - I ended giving up as a colleague from Panama insisted that no way I woul make through Southern Panama / Northern Colombia (Didn't know about those boats to Cartagena, though).

Anyhow, for now, I am another soul that takes some minutes off the business appointments to follow your adventure, wishing that we have good news from you every day.

If you ever make to São Paulo, Brasil, please let know. I would try to provide any support you need.

Congratulations!

Comment

• Oustanding pics, thanks for the update! Glad to hear the trip is going well (for the most part atleast). The memories you must be making will last forever and you're the envy of us all. Keep us updated!

The pics with you near the lake are excellent, talk about getting right up to the edge!

So you're going to hang out in Columbia till February and then continue on, if I understand your last post correctly?

Comment

• Yes, i will be in Colombia till Feb, then i will continue south,

Thank you all for reading my post and been so patience with the updates,

i appreciate the support from the community...

Last edited by FDuranCol; 11-19-2009, 02:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• This trip sounds so amazing. Thanks for sharing all the stories and pictures.

Comment

• Im still in awe. What an amazing trip so far!

Thanks for the updates, and keep the great pics coming too!
                  It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

• Great to know my 2002 kat can mow the same road and back ..always knew it could

Comment

• Great pics. Enjoy your stay.
                      never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

• quite impressive. I wish I could do something like that, but I only speak English. You must have saved up a significant amount of dough to make a trip like this, for so long. I'm envious.

I'm most impressed with your ability to solve problems such as a failed chain, or need for more oil in a place like Honduras. Fun!

Also there's those crazy roads. I'd have never imagined taking my Kat down some of those roads you've traveled alongside chickens. lol... awesome!!

and the lady cooking on a rock. weird. But that's life! I'm sure you are having the time of your life. Enjoy it man.

Comment

• Thanks for the updates, pics, and great stories. Keep Safe!

Comment

• Your pictures are going straight into my "wallpaper" file...... Great Shots
                            The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

• I just found this thread yesterday and I too am hooked. Keep the pics coming.
                              - 04' Kat 600 (my reliable bike)
                              - 01' R6 (my fun bike)
                              - 00' Cavalier (my POS daily driver)

Comment

• About getting sponsorship:

Originally posted by delkampg View Post
                                i dont think suzuki would go for it because the kat isnt produced anymore
                                May be Yoshimura would

Comment

Working...
                                X