Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Going from USA to South America on a KAT!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like a great trip. Be easy out there man
    sigpic
    Navy Vet
    1998 B12
    00 GSX 600F(sold)

Comment

• I am really enjoying the pictures and following your trip. Godspeed and keep the rubber down!

Comment

• great trip!!! Keep us posted and stay safe out there dude. God Bless you!
        Godspeed
        CSBA #1167
        Renew your mind with God's Word and His Spirit today! Let others see you walking and living by faith! Let yesterday go! God Bless!

Comment

• I have just read this thread from the start for the first time and I am lost for words......

I can't believe we at KR have our very own 100% hard core "Long Way Round" KR member.

Thinking of you all the time, keep it safe and looking forward to more of your posts.

Tok

Comment

• Originally posted by Tokalosh View Post
            I have just read this thread from the start for the first time and I am lost for words......

I can't believe we at KR have our very own 100% hard core "Long Way Round" KR member.

Thinking of you all the time, keep it safe and looking forward to more of your posts.

Tok
            yeah. what he said!!
            never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

• Awesome ... Thanks for the updates and pics .... Keep safe!

Comment

• beautiful...enough said

Comment

• at the border of Honduras...
                  she was one of the customs officials... mmmm i still got it....

but not so lucky with thisone...

she wasn't my type anyway...

as soon as we checked in we has some breakfast...

after passing the border, we stopped to get gas, and there was these kids selling bread and pastries...

got the bread and stuff and we checked the bikes, the KAT needed some oil, did not had more oil with me, so we headed to find a decent lube...

found this 5star shop and surprise that the owner was of the few professional racers of the country, so he guide us to get some MOTUL 10/40 SYNTHETIC formulated for racing bikes, so i decided to do an oil change right there...

This is his bike...

and yep... the guy next to me was the racer... he barely reached the ground on his bike...

later that day we has this lady cooking for us...

we also had some of these

just before exiting the country he got a small check point...

Last edited by FDuranCol; 11-16-2009, 02:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• where are you at man ..? where are you going to turn around at to come home ?

Comment

• then we got to Nicaragua...

just in the border and i started smelling trouble...
                      all military and police looked very disgusted and not really welcoming the travelers so we proceed to check in...

this is immigration and you can tell for the look of my face that i was trying to deal with the sharks...
                      meanwhile...

Crawford was waiting with some new friends he found, i actually ask him to step away because everytime those border helpers see an American face, they start to asking for money and bribes, so i rather deal with all that...

we finally made in and sure enough we got stopped, because we where doing 40 miles in stead of 30!!!!!!

who in his right mind will ride at 30mhp on this bikes??????

well that was me DEALING with the cops, witch by the way wanted to retain our driver licenses, i said no and took them back, then they said that if i don't return them they will arrested me... i said well show me the law where it says so, sure he showed me THE BOOK... and i had no option than cool off and start negotiating our get-go... after 30 min and some arguing 20 bucks let us off this *******s....

we advanced another 40 min. and there was an other check point.. the offense this time was passing double lines.... crap....

the police CAPTAIN... said.. look the ticket is 200 dollars for each of you... you can pay that to the government or pay here 40 here...

then i said go to hell... and argue an other 30 minutes.. ... we got the cameras out to have proof of what was going on, and this cop wanted to confiscate the cameras... almost got in to a fight with some other policeman.. we put them away...
                      we played every single trick..
                      but he said 80 bucks!!!!!!!!!!!
                      well i refused and there we were sitting on the side walk waiting and waiting, finally after an hour, the CAPT came and say ok give me 20 and get the f out..
                      i said ok

here is the proof...

well we continued the colonial route

and we got to the Nicaragua Lake...

Its unbelievable the places you can go on a KAT ...

Originally posted by H-2 CHARLIE View Post
                      where are you at man ..? where are you going to turn around at to come home ?
                      I was born in Colombia, so i can stay there as long as i want, but the idea is continue heading south, I assume that my trip will resume by Feb from Colombia to Argentina we will see...
                      Last edited by FDuranCol; 11-16-2009, 02:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• WOW. That's all I can say.

I've just, for the first time, read this thread. I cannot believe that you are on this trip. It's absolutely amazing, and the countries are BEAUTIFUL.

I was planning a East coast - West coast trip in the Summer, but I can't imagine doing the kind of trip you are. It's completely mind blowing.

I wish you the best of luck in your journey and can't wait to see more pics and updates.

Ride where the road takes you and never stop until every inch of pavement has tasted your rubber. Good Luck and Ride On Brother.

(Wow I just thought of that saying [obviously it has probably been said before, but you know what I mean.] and I really like it. Has some depth to it IMO.)
                        - Remember -
                        Ride wherever the road takes you and
                        never stop until every inch of pavement
                        has tasted your rubber.

Comment

• How much did you budget for bribes? HAHA

Comment

• Originally posted by JIB View Post
                            How much did you budget for bribes? HAHA
                            Not enough lol

Damn greedy POPO
                            - Remember -
                            Ride wherever the road takes you and
                            never stop until every inch of pavement
                            has tasted your rubber.

Comment

• Wow, amazing! I particularly like the pictures by the lake!

Bold taking pictures of cops, good thing you speak the language!

Comment

• Be safe out there.
                                -Fire Is Good, It purifies the Soul.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X