X

Stolen kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by downsouth View Post
    glad you got it back ... quick question though I was under the impression that the Katana's could not be hotwired please set me straight.
    I remember hearing something about the post 98 models having a fuse or something that burns out after 30 seconds to prevent hotwiring. Pre 98's...well an older version of old technology.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

anything can be hotwired if you get see the ignition wires, i;m sure there's other ways too, but the only other way i know of is to use a slidehammer to rip the ignition out, but he didnt do that.

I dont know the exact method he ( i say he, because i saw the c*cksucker as he stole it) used to start it, but from looking at it now, i can see he replaced the plastic fork cover below the ignition, and i'm willing to bet there's something under there that helps the process- i imagine in the next few days i'm going to become very familiar with the whole area as i try to figure out what he did. Whatever is was, it didnt take him very long.

and the bast*rd destroyed my gas cap too, i didnt notice until the estimator pointed it out. it looks like he tried to pull off the exhaust pipes too, but i knew beforehand that one of the boltheads had stripped and seized, so i think he gave up on that idea.
      charlie was a chemist, but charlie is no more. what charlie thought was h2o was h2so4

Comment

Congrats on getting your bike recovered, hopefully it won't cost to much to get her running right again!

Comment

glad to hear you got it back, hope it wont take too much to get it running right again

Comment

I hate thieves...... Been there before, Keep your head up because it helps....

PS. Glad you got your ride back....
            Talk about droppin your bike.... How about droppin it off the trailer bringing it home from the dealer with 1 mile on it.. Yep that's me...

Comment

She runs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i went to the claims shop where the bike was, and had to do a few things before i could take it. I had to use 2 plugs side by side to seal the 1/2'' hole in the rear tire, and reinflate.

had to add oil, she was dangerously low- i could hear it during idle. seems to have lowsided pretty hard, it cracked the right side foot peg/plate and dented the underside of the muffler- which broke it off the pipe just next to the clamp, so the bike is REEEEEAAALLLLY loud right now, and has a taste for sputtering (i assume from a possible lack of backpressure)

Doesnt seem to have a loss of power, but its difficult to guage performance when the muffler is detatched, its almost like an ingrained feeling to not rev it because its so loud.

It looks like he did something that seriously ground down my rear rotor.
              i've tried to think of a situation that would require spinning the wheel with the brake on, but for the life of me i can't think of one. all i know is that he spun the tire like mad with the brake fully depressed, and the brake piston became hot enough to melt out its seals (consequently, my rear brakes do not work, they just **** past the seal) and completely destroy the rotor and pads. i've never seen a rotor as bad as the one on there right now, it has grooves almost a 16th deep on both sides- it looks like a cross section of an onion it has so many grooves eaten into it

any ideas what the hell he may have been doing?
              charlie was a chemist, but charlie is no more. what charlie thought was h2o was h2so4

Comment

No idea what he may have been doing with the brakes: Make sure you go over the bike with a fine tooth comb as it sounds like you may find all kinds of wierd problems.
                "When you work on your mysterious lady part stuff, you should have the right tools, too. That's why you should use Maypax. The official tampon of NASCAR." Ricky Bobby

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rangerx52 View Post
                  Duh! Everyone knows you cover the brake when clutching it up for a wheelie!... Yutt Ugghh....

Krey
                  93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Rangerx52 View Post

driving it like it was stolen
                    Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

cool deal!

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

well at least its back, did yu have theft coverage on the bike?

Comment

thats great hope she not to beat up
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DreKat View Post
                            well at least its back, did yu have theft coverage on the bike?
                            Yes, but the insurance vampires out here lowball on everything valuewise. they offered me 1800 for the bike to write it off, or they would let me have the bike back and give me some cash to repair it.

I opted to take the bike and cash. He offered me 200 bucks.

now the offensive part is that my theft deductible is $500.

so he essentially offered to give me my stolen bashed up bike, and charge me 300 bucks for the honor of doing so.

I argued with him to the death- i even tried to write the bike off and repurchase it, but their rules say that essentially anyone can buy my bike except me if it gets written off. So what i did is take the bike, and a payout of $1300 bucks to repair it and cover the deductible.

So what it comes down to, is ICBC just paid me 800 bucks to let someone else rape my bike. but pricewise i should be ok, i can do all the cosmetic sh*t myself and the wiring aswell, so the money will go towards my rear wheel, brakes and muffler repair.

Comment

Working...
                            X