X

Stolen kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stolen kat

RECOVERED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

was stolen on the 29th. worst day i've had in a long time.

today i brought in my official loss of vehicle form, notarized and done, ready for the evaluator to take over and tell me what my stolen bike was worth.

got home and checked my messages, and there was one from the RCMP saying they had recovered my bike. Thay said it had some fairing damage and a flat tire. apparently it was reported after being parked for a few days and they picked it up

i get to see my baby tomorrow morning- i'll post pics. cross your fingers for me that it hasnt been abused too bad..
    charlie was a chemist, but charlie is no more. what charlie thought was h2o was h2so4

cool and congrats! :
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

That's great!!! Hopefully she isn't too bad
      2007 Honda CBR600rr
      2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
      sigpic

Comment

Congrats! What an amazing feeling, to get your bike back, after the sinking feeling of knowing it was stolen.
        It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

wow Great news!! hopefully its not all that bad.
          Joker
          The newest addition to the Family!
          sigpic
          stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

congrats on the return . that it aint too bad
            so many roads so little time

Comment

Awesome news!!!!
              sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
              ------------------------------------------
              89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
              96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Here's hoping she's in good shape and not badly violated Any word from the RCMP if they've found the bastages who took your ride?
                2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
                2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

nope, they got away scott free.

i think i may have just gotten lucky with the bike getting a flat tire, and them just deciding to abandon it

i just came back from the impound lot and looked at it. got my heart thumping a bit just to see it again.
                  They dropped it at least twice, once on each side, at what looked like a pretty good speed- appears the fairings took most of the abuse, mirrors are still attatched though.

the mufflers have dents in them, the ignition/fork cover plate has been replaced with another one (presumably to hide the hotwiring evidence). The side marker lights have been replaced with little pieces of sh**

and for some reason, the windscreen was replaced with a solid black one. i dont even know where to get one of those- but it leads me to the ugly conclusion that the fairings were taken off and things were altered, i just dont know what yet- they wont let me take pictures or take a closer look yet.
                  charlie was a chemist, but charlie is no more. what charlie thought was h2o was h2so4

Comment

Wow... for thieves they sure changed a lot. Sounds like there should be finger prints all over with that amount of modding.
                    Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

like i said, i think i just got lucky. it looked to me like someone was in the process of turning it into their own little toy, but couldnt keep the rubber side down, and bailed instead of fixing the flat.

Comment

Good to hear your getting it back. Hopefully it can be repaired to your expectations.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Wow that's awesome to hear you can get er back
                          sigpic

Comment

CONGRATS!!! Here's to hoping for minor damage!!
                            This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
                            BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

glad you got it back ... quick question though I was under the impression that the Katana's could not be hotwired please set me straight.

Comment

Working...
                              X