Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

How often do you consider a new bike, and why?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Every second of every minute of every hour of every day.
    sigpic

Comment

power corrupts the mind...

once you make the jump to a bigger engine, you fall in love with the easy passing capabilities without having to downshift...
      Last edited by allblackkat; 07-24-2009, 01:08 AM.

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

I think about it everytime my Kat acts up. Then I think about payments and increased insurance. Then I love my old Kat again and fix it.
        Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
        Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

I bought my bike for $700, and for that price its been a good bike. But it is an '89 750 and has just shy of 30k miles. It seems like I am always working on it. Its my first bike, and I have definitely learned a lot from it. But I think it is about time to upgrade, prolly the end of the season when prices drop. I have been looking at the SV1000 which I have been a big fan of so far. So we'll see come winter time

Comment

I would love a bike that's more comfortable to ride. The Kat is more comfortable than a lot of other bikes with a sportsbike physique, but I want something that I can go a couple hundred miles in reasonable comfort. I don't want a cruiser, but if I had the means I'd love a Moto Guzzi Griso 1100.
            Sex Panther cologne -- 60% of the time, it works every time

Comment

I think about something new probably about once a week. Then I look at the Kat with all the mods, accessories and comfort for when I tour and realize "What's the point".

If I do decide to change bikes it will probably be to go back to a dual sport which are my first love in bikes. I am not a horsepower junkie anymore. Rideability is where it is at for me.
              If you enjoy the freedom to ride, if you enjoy the freedom to ride anywhere you want, Thank a US Military Vet. THANKS FOR SERVING!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hardlydangerous View Post
                all the time until my friends tell me what they pay for insurance on thier SS bikes
                and plus, I always think about getting another bike. i am also 155lbs but it sounds to me like you are making any excuse you can to get another bike. THats what i do. I just learn to be content with what I have. My kat is beautiful and I wouldnt trade it for anything
                Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
                Current Bikes:
                1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
                2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

I'm only 5'7" and 150 so I feel pretty comfy on an SS bike. I feel like a **** ant on an elepahnt riding the 750 Kat some times.

I'd also like to have the all out performance of an SS. I'd like to have a cruiser too, just to have different riding experiences.

Comment

i think about it, then i think about the insurance, the risk of wanting to go faster , and then try to wheelie and then where to buy a casket.... opps i mean..........

Comment

Yep in the perfect world I'd have a Kat for daily riding, a Monster for weekends, and a Sprint ST for touring.
                      Originally posted by katanawarrior
                      I keep coming here because of the smileys, really.

Comment

Every day. My bike's still too much for me and I already want a liter. That's just the way it goes man.
                        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                        Originally posted by soulless kaos
                        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Every couple days. I would love a classic triumph. There was also a 2004 speed triple for sale locally for like $2400 because it had been dropped (all fairing damage) which tempted me for a time. But then I think of all the time and money I've put into my kat and I just can't bring myself to replace her (I also couldn't afford to).
                          sigpic
                          »Ross Wendell
                          »1992 Katana 600, 1987 MR2 turbo, 2005 Corolla

Comment

Originally posted by ferrucci86 View Post
                            i think about it, then i think about the insurance

Thats what I dont understand. I guess I'm the exception to the rule but my insurance on the 636 is a bit cheaper than the Katana.

1993 Katana 600 - $232/yr
                            2003 636 - $210/yr

I only have liability, so I guess I got a discount for not wrapping myself around a tree.

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
                              Just curious.....but why would you want more power when you've never cracked it past 6500???? Kats don't come alive til then.
                              I'm afriad of ruining the engine and cant afford to suck so much gas

Comment

Originally posted by Silence View Post
                                I'm afriad of ruining the engine
                                Why? It has a rev limiter for a reason...

Comment

Working...
                                X