Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

How often do you consider a new bike, and why?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How often do you consider a new bike, and why?

I have had this itch to try a different bike lately! I've been tempted by a friend's GSXR he wants to sell me cheap, but I am still quite happy with my Kat! I think the thing that really bugs me about the Kat is the weight. I'm just 155 lbs. and I really like the idea of something a little more tossable. Of course, with a lighter bike I'd want something more stable and comfy... I think it's just a "grass is greener" thing. I said I'd keep my Kat at least through December, so we'll see, but I'd really like to ride my Katana to the rally next year.

Just wondering how often you guys get the urge to move on, why, and what keeps you from doing so?
    Originally posted by katanawarrior
    I keep coming here because of the smileys, really.

I think about it all the time...but then when I see those SS bikes bouncing up and down the highway....I think...naaa. Plus you can't ride two up

Comment

all the time until my friends tell me what they pay for insurance on thier SS bikes
      98 GSX750F
      95 Honda VT600 vlx
      08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Every time I look at an SS bike I want one... then i sit on it and change my mind. Im about 6'0" and i dont fit on one very well. Im sure i could get used to it for a time but i ride some 300 to 500 mile days sometimes and I think a GSXR wouldnt be very friendly for an entire day
        2000 Kat 750: matte black paint, yoshi RS-3 pipe, +2 rear sprocket, x-ring chain

Fastest 1/4 mile: 12.28 @109mph

Comment

I think about it pretty often, especially when I'm at the track. But then I think, "Wow, there goes ANOTHER high-10, low-11 second GSXR 600" Or "Wow! Another stretched, lowered Busa, '14, or GSXR 1000" Congrats, you have a deep enough wallet to buy a fast bike.

Now, when I get my Kat in the 10's, I'll feel better.
          02 Katana 600 (weekend toy) 11.892 @ 111.92 MPH
          90 GSXR 750/1216
          96 Chevy S-10 (work truck)
          87 Rear Engine Dragster 8.46 @ 157MPH
          sigpic

Comment

The urge hits me every now and then. But I just call my insurance guy and get a quote for that new Gixxer 750 or the R1 and it keeps me happy with my Kat.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
            who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Agreed with the rest. I think about it all the time. But now I wrapped alot of money in the bike this year. I can't sell my katana. The resell value on the katana is shi*y. And plus to many pro's to keeping it.
              sigpic
              Update Jul 11 2014
              Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

An SS is great to ride if you don't plan on making it your daily rider but there is just something comfurting about the Kat you just can't replace.

Comment

Every day. lol
                  I did want a Yamaha R1,... until I did a track day on a rented GSXR 600 and realized how comfy the Katana was in comparison to an SS.

Now I've set my eyes on another sport tourer,... The Hayabusa.
                  ROCP

Comment

My bike's been at the dealership for going on three weeks. (Ask me if I'm a tad pizzed off!) and they still can't get it up to snuff. Looking at/for another this weekend. Anyone have any thoughts/experiences on a 96 YZF1000? (Not riding is killing me!)
                    sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                    ------------------------------------------
                    89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                    96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Caught between practically and want of power.... I want the awesome gas consumption of my zzr 250, while having more power than my katana. But then again, i've never really cracked the throttle on katana (ive never had the rpms higher than 6500) so I don't really know what its capable of.

But really, I would stick with my zzr over the katana except that the kat has more comfort to offer on highways and long trips

Comment

Originally posted by Silence View Post
                        Caught between practically and want of power.... I want the awesome gas consumption of my zzr 250, while having more power than my katana. But then again, i've never really cracked the throttle on katana (ive never had the rpms higher than 6500) so I don't really know what its capable of.

But really, I would stick with my zzr over the katana except that the kat has more comfort to offer on highways and long trips
                        Just curious.....but why would you want more power when you've never cracked it past 6500???? Kats don't come alive til then.
                        sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                        ------------------------------------------
                        89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                        96 YZF 1000R

Comment

I think about it everytime something goes wrong with this crazy bike! I just bought an alternator, and still need to fix my fairings. But then I remember that fact that I only spent $250 on the bike itself, and maybe another $1000 on parts.

Comment

Originally posted by hardlydangerous View Post
                            all the time until my friends tell me what they pay for insurance on thier SS bikes
                            I have a good feeling this is what is going to keep me from getting a Hayabusa. It's been pretty much my dream bike since I first saw one, but considering I pay $12 a month for full coverage on my Kat, it would be quite a shock to pay for insurance on a 'Busa.

Comment

Yeah insurance is a big factor. I was (pleasantly) shocked when I called my rep last year and got a quote on the Kat. Very affordable - unlike the others I was looking at!
                              Originally posted by katanawarrior
                              I keep coming here because of the smileys, really.

Comment

Working...
                              X