X

Wrecked my Kat today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrecked my Kat today

Long story short, some douchebag in a Suburban cut off both lanes (stopped completely) while trying to make a left turn, and I high sided it at about 40 mph. I had my choice of his truck in my mouth, or a 6 inch curb with a helping of rusty chain link fence. I swung the rear out to the left, and angled it low side and jumped off. Went over the high side and rolled out of it. My friends were behind me and stopped traffic, so I didnt get plowed by a Subaru Outback.

I'm ok. Bit of rash on the right elbow. No, I was not wearing gear. No helmet, no jacket. Just jeans, boots and gloves.

Bike is ****ed up. Right peg sheared off and broke the peg mount. Exhaust pulled off the bike, fairings are ****ed. My new MARPAT paint job is toast.

So...anyone have an '06 right peg and mount to sell?
    ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
    チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
    Semper Fi

Gald yer mostly ok dude! By any chance did the guy stop and did the cops charge him 100% at fault? Hopefully his insurance will cover everything + some.. Douchebag.

Might wanna look into getting some gear while yer looking at getting yer bike fixed while yer at it
    sigpic

'95 Kat 600 (Sold)
    '10 BMW S1000RR (aka Black Betty)(Totaled)
    '11 BMW S1000RR (aka Bumblebee) Shine Yellow

In ur thinky box, steeelin ur dumz

If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you, you probably high sided.

Comment

That sucks man. Glad your okay.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

The guy high tailed it out of there. I flagged down a LEO and made a report.

I have gear, by the way. One of my friends (female passenger on the other bike) was wearing my brain bucket, cause she didnt have one. I took my jacket off earlier today, cause I was hot.

Thanks for the well wishes, guys. Much appreciated.
        ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
        チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
        Semper Fi

Comment

glad your ok it could have been bad. you should have just jumped off the bike and let it missle straight through the suburban,then it wouldnt be motoring off.

Comment

that suck......and you are one lucky mofo. wear that helmet.
            I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Glad you're ok....that's the important part. You lucked out this time. I hope the bike is up and running again soon.
              sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
              ------------------------------------------
              89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
              96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Still glad yer alright though.. :
                sigpic

'95 Kat 600 (Sold)
                '10 BMW S1000RR (aka Black Betty)(Totaled)
                '11 BMW S1000RR (aka Bumblebee) Shine Yellow

In ur thinky box, steeelin ur dumz

If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you, you probably high sided.

Comment

Marine, is there going to be any repercussions through the military for riding [well, going down] without gear? I know at one point that that was automatic article 15, aka captain's mast....

Nevermind -- forgot you're a civvy now.

You are one lucky %$*@. Seriously. And I'm glad right now that you were a luck $%@#.

Cheers
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

wow man glad you made it out ok
                    sigpicLife is 5% what happens to you, and 95% how you react to it
                    k9 GSX-R 600
                    GO VOLS!

Comment

That sucks! Glad you're OK
                      sigpic

RIP CP
                      50th Anniv R6
                      95 Katana 600
                      http://www.assfaultjunkies.com/index.php

Comment

woow! glad you have the presence of mind to make choices given only a few seconds.

Do the helmet and what I do...pray for safety everytime.
                        KATitoy

Comment

I think youre now classified as an "asphault crayon." Youre lucky you didnt split your wig.
                          Originally posted by arsenic
                          93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

that sucks bud

Comment

you're lucky it wasn't worse. Gotta wear that helmet!
                              2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
                              BMC Notorious 918 HT
                              2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

Working...
                              X