X

which jet kit do i have

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rowdy View Post
    dodging raindrops today still cant find a vacuum leak but it is running better still lean tho.

will backing out the a/f screws more make it richer or leaner?

and no i didnt check the float height i guess i gotta tear em down again if the a/f mixture dosent solve the problem..
    The more you turn the a/f screws out from seated the richer your making it. From 2.5 start, if still hanging at idle, turn out 1/2 turn and try again.

Did you ever determine if this bike has had a stage 3 jet kit installed?... if it did, your probably gonna need 4 -4.5 turns out. If no, just keep trying 1/2 turn adjustments till you get it to idle.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

i really have no clue which kit is in there the pilots and emulsion tubes are stock needle has eclip at slot 3 and mains are 137.5.. wouldnt the pilots be larger if a stage 3 kit? i'm at 2.5 turns and running lean, wondering if i should start at 4.5 and work backwards.

how do i determine what stage it is¿, lol back to the reason i started this thread to begin with..

Comment

I'm kinda confused on the jets. We have the same bike, just 1 year difference, and my DynoJet kit does not have 137.5 main jets. My largest is 144's and smallest is 116's. There are no .5's at all. I don't think anyone clarified what jet kit you have.

Comment

i really have no clue which kit is in there the pilots and emulsion tubes are stock needle has eclip at slot 3 and mains are 137.5.. wouldnt the pilots be larger if a stage 3 kit? i'm at 2.5 turns and running lean, wondering if i should start at 4.5 and work backwards.

how do i determine what stage it is¿, lol back to the reason i started this thread to begin with..

The pilot jets will be stamped for stock size, but they may have been drilled out (and so even though stamped, are not stock size any longer). Drilling out the pilot jets is a common aspect of installing the stage 3 jet kit on a katana. It's one of the few bikes you have to do this. No kit provides alternate pilot jets that I know of...

So that alone isn't going to tell you.

Stock size mains for your bike is 105 on 3 carbs, with a 107.5 on one. Your mains are Significantly larger. Stage 1 from Factory Pro comes with 112.5 as the largest one. This is why I question if you have a stage 3.

Pull the black cap off the top of one of the carbs, carefully so as not to loose the spring, pull out the slide. Remove the needle, take a pic of it, post it here.

At the very least, count the number of slots on the top of it as that may narrow down the make of the kit that is installed. Also look closely at the tip of the needle... does it gradually taper, or is there an area of rapid transition like shown in this pic... for that matter, does it look exactly like the one in this pic?....

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

That is not what my needle looks like. Or maybe it does. I know i have a DJ kit.
            Last edited by Kfreak; 06-20-2009, 07:33 PM.

Comment

will pull a needle tomorrow morning and post pics. as far as the pilots being drilled, i couldnt imagine a drillbit that small, the holes were real tiny..
              my tip is similar to that where it dosent come to a fine point it has a sharp bevel like that one..
              Last edited by Rowdy; 06-20-2009, 07:25 PM.

Comment

will pull a needle tomorrow morning and post pics. as far as the pilots being drilled, i couldnt imagine a drillbit that small, the holes were real tiny..
                my tip is similar to that where it dosent come to a fine point it has a sharp bevel like that one..
                The pic I posted is of a dynojunk stage 3 jet kit needle..... If yours are the same, you probably have a stage 3.

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Comment

will find out tomorrow morning

also a quick google of that size jet only brings up mikuni 137.5

Comment

Those main jets are from a 88-89 600. Jet kit parts and factory jets don't mix. Ask MD. He went thru this.

Comment

hmmm on gixxer forum it says factory 1988 and 1989 gsx600f came stock with main jet 137.5 on cyl 1 and 4 and 135 mains on 2 and 3

maby this is stock parts for ebay carbs?

*EDIT*
                      lol

so i need a jet kit then.

any recommendations?
                      any come with emulsion tubes?
                      Last edited by Rowdy; 06-20-2009, 07:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Well.... the po of my bike put 102's and 105's in for main jets. also a full exhaust with a Uni air filter. He should have just set the motor on fire. Talk about lean. You may have a half azzed jet kit.

Comment

hmmm on gixxer forum it says factory 1988 and 1989 gsx600f came stock with main jet 137.5 on cyl 1 and 4 and 135 mains on 2 and 3

maby this is stock parts for ebay carbs?

*EDIT*
                          lol

so i need a jet kit then.

any recommendations?
                          any come with emulsion tubes?
                          Factory Pro stage 1... does not come with emulsion tubes though.

Krey
                          93 750 Kat

Comment

I'm gonna stay out of the kit recommendation. I have what I have. I thought you fixed the fubar tube?

Comment

i did repair the tube but would like to replace them all anyway, kinda make it final if i have to buy a jet kit..

Comment

Yeah, I would have changed the tube. It would bother me until I did.

Comment

Working...
                                X