No announcement yet.
X

My new (to me) 2000 Suzuki Katana 600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pipe sounds good and the bike looks clean. now get it legall and put some miles behind you.

Comment

I really like the looks of that bike. I had one just like it on my short list until I found a Ninja for sale in my neck of the, uh, desert. Nice bike though! Be safe.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Well, I finally got the Kat out for her first real ride, short though it may have been. Riding position was surprisingly comfortable after getting used to it for a few miles (this is my first sport bike). It has plenty of power for my needs, and more than enough power to get out of trouble. The brakes are a HUGE step up from the Suzuki GZ250 and Kaw KZ550 I rode before, and its nice to only need two fingers for 95% of my braking needs.

All in all I'm quite happy with the bike so far. Exhaust sounds nice, but we'll see what kind of MPG I get with it. If I get decent mileage, then the bike will be pretty much perfect.

Comment

Should be around 40-45mpg? I think....

The 250s will always be signifcantly higher I think... my wife gets closer to 70mpg...

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Yea, I know a stock Kat 600 should get around 50 MPG, so we'll see what effect the aftermarket exhaust has.

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
              Should be around 40-45mpg? I think....
              Depends on a lot of factors, including how you flog it, your altitude (higher = less fuel consumption), the humidity factory (higher = more fuel consumption to offset the denser air in movement), etc. I've seen anything from 32 to 50 mpg.

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Yea, I'm pretty easy on the throttle, and I tend to shift around 6000-7000 RPM. I'm certainly not an aggressive rider by any means. If I wanted a fast bike I would have gotten a supersport.

Comment

New to me too

Nice bike, I just picked up the same blue 2000 600 Kat, 12,000KMs hope you are enjoying yours as much as I am enjoying mine

Comment

I just bought my 2000 Kat 600 last month. What did you guys pay for yours? I paid $3000 with 1200 miles on it....

Comment

nice bike.. cheap or not.. that exhaust sounds nice

Comment

My 2002 has the same great sounding pipe in carbon . Nice color would be my 2nd choice next to yellow .mine has black rims and dont show the dirt

Comment

nice buy good luck with it!
                          Joker
                          The newest addition to the Family!
                          sigpic
                          stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

Originally posted by H-2 CHARLIE View Post
                            My 2002 has the same great sounding pipe in carbon . Nice color would be my 2nd choice next to yellow .mine has black rims and dont show the dirt
                            Oh, I do like the yellow. I almost bought a yellow 1996 Kat.

Comment

Working...
                            X