Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Canadians using this compressor?

MasterCraft Air Cage Compressor, 120V, 1 Gal 2HP motor
    Canadian Tire Product #58-8011-0

I was looking around for a simple 120V tire inflator for the bike (I'm sure it'll have other uses as well in the long run), and ran across that design, which struck me at the most elegant solution for a small compressor -- put a cage around the motor, make the cage hollow, and use that hollow space as storage volume for the compressed air... A bit more research turned up that it's actually manufactured by Kawasaki and distributed by Alltrade...

I found one at a price I'd be willing to pay in St. Catherine's (ONT) and before I commit to buying it, I thought I'd ask about feedback -- and whether anyone in that area would be willing to box & ship it for me, preferably from the US side (Buffalo, NY).

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
    CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
    The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
    Last edited by The CyberPoet; 04-11-2009, 07:28 PM.
    Remember The CyberPoet

here is a link to canadian tire web site includes reviews
    I wonder if frame work holds enough air capacity

I bought their Hot Rod twin stack , keeps up with every thing for me excluding die grinder but thats not a shock

http://www.canadiantire.ca/browse/pr...romSearch=true

chances are if they put it on sale it is only 50% of that price
    Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

I'm 15 minutes down the road from St Catharines so if you need one picked up and shipped out I can do it.

I can copy your post and put it up on the local forums to see if anyone has one and can give feedback.
      Kyle

Comment

woobie, I really appreciate it... I've managed to find the compressor under the Kawasaki brand name here locally via BigLots at a price even cheaper [$140] than the guy in St. Catherine's wanted for his used (although the one here is packaged sans nailer/nail-gun; irrelevant, as I didn't want the nailer anyway).

I'll still take anybody's feedback that wants to give me some

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet

The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
        Last edited by The CyberPoet; 04-12-2009, 11:53 AM. Reason: Clarity
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

have you tried epinion.com?
          Kyle

Comment

I check epinion.com almost immediately. No listings (appearantly guys who buy compressors don't tend to write reviews -- found the same to be true about most compressors in the smaller categories ).

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet

Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

The Guy in St Kits sells referbished or damaged units.. stay away from that guy.
              I know several people that have been ripped off.
              i knew on lady bought 5 tredmills and other equipment for her in home gym/business from his old store that closed in fenwick.
              All of the equipment died within weeks and he never came good for any of it
              98 GSX750F
              95 Honda VT600 vlx
              08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

not sure if you saw this

Comment

my bro has the mastercraft model. it is ok for small stuff like tire inflation and such......not good for much else except inflating stuff. nailers will work as well cuz they don't require much.

personally, I would buy something of better quality. you are basically paying for it's "unique design", which does not hide the fact that it is still has a cheap motor. an oil-less motor is ok for anything around $100....but for more than that I would get an oil lubricated motor. they advertise the oil-less as less maintanance, but it also has a much much shorter motor life.

but for what you will use it for it should be ok.
                  I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Well, this whole chapter comes to an end with me deciding that the Kawasaki/Mastercraft compressor (and virtually every other small container-compressor that I checked out in various places) was too heavy for my convenient use (schlepping it up and down the stairs at the condo to the parking lot). So although I wanted one, I went with a black-and-decker ASI300 inflation station instead (120 volt + 12 volt tire inflator), which I now get to modify for my uses (damn 120 volt cord is only about 12" long -- whose idea of a joke is that?).

A real compressor will have to wait until I have a garage again.

Cheers,
                    =-= The CyberPoet

Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

x2 on Mojoe's recommendation.

Small ones are ok for small jobs and tools that cycle like nailers. Continuous flow tools require larger tank volumes. Someone gave me a 15 gal campbell hausfeld oilless compressor for free but required a 65$ piston kit to replace. These things are cheaply made. White metal piston and aluminium or magnesium sleeve with a graphite-like gasket (you have to buy the whole kit). once it's worn, that's it. If it were a smaller model it would not have been worth it. Easy to fix though.
                      Last edited by chrisx2; 04-13-2009, 09:14 PM. Reason: typo
                      2004 GSX750F

Comment

Working...
                      X