X

Bikers is Bikers :)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kat_kitten View Post
    lol they never wave back... then i feel like i got snubbed by a scooter... that hurts the ego lol
    I think the ones that don't wave are just not comfortable
    enough to let go of the handle bar and wave

Comment

Originally posted by alien View Post
      I think the ones that don't wave are just not comfortable
      enough to let go of the handle bar and wave
      i like to assume it's because they're not used to being waved at.... and that they figure i'm more pointing at them like the Evil Monkey that lives in Chris's closet on Family Guy, than being the uber-awesome-n-friendly biker
      the kat may be the gixxer's retarded cousin, but she's a hefty broad... and i do loves me some girth between my thighs.
      # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING
      [02 gsx750f][03 cbr600rr]

Comment

Originally posted by kat_kitten View Post
        i like to assume it's because they're not used to being waved at.... and that they figure i'm more pointing at them like the Evil Monkey that lives in Chris's closet on Family Guy, than being the uber-awesome-n-friendly biker
        Interesting call, KK. I'm sure there have been times when I haven't acknowledged a wave or a nod simply because I've been caught looking the other way (usually at a cager trying to fit me to a casket). I wave at anybody on two wheels I see, and have caught myself nodding to another rider when I'm driving the family sedan .

Around here, riders more often "nod" than wave, especially if they're on a sports-bike. There are lots of twisties here, so maybe it's safer than taking a hand off in mid corner.

I still remember the BUZZ I got the first nod I received from a group of riders. I was headed toward the Great Ocean Road and caught a group of sports-riders just on their way back from a weekend rip. That was the first time I really felt part of the riding family! It was great because rider after rider in this group nodded...I felt like a bobble-head doll by the end of the group!
        High-velocity Geek

'06 GSX750F

Comment

I see two wheels and an engine, I wave. If they don't wave back, no biggie.

Had one dude on a loud cruiser, not sure exactly what it was that flipped me the bird when I waved at him. I ain't gonna let it bother me.

Had another guy on a scooter that damned near went off the rode waving back. Big ole ****-eatin' grin on his face and all.
          1997 Suzuki Bandit 1200S
          1993 Suzuki Katana 600 [Sold]
          1982 Yamaha Maxim 400 [Sold]

Comment

I wave at the scooters too, most of the time they don't wave back. I always assume its because they don't know. Round here I get waves from most sportbike riders, but cruisers very seldomly. Oh well, I keep waving because I'm just too happy riding to let it get me down.

Comment

I passed quite a few bikes on sunday while out riding. Every sport bike rider waved, and a couple of the smaller cruisers waved or nodded. Didn't get a single response from the big ol helmet-less Harley guys.

Comment

Heh.

I generally give and subsequently receive the two-down wave in return. Even the hawgs give at least a nod, generally. It's awesome talkin' to some of those guys at stoplights. Gotta hand 'em the bike dedication awards. Harley guys love their Harleys. *grin*

--B

Comment

Working...
                X