X

Bikers is Bikers :)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phantom Kat View Post
    So I was on my Kat riding from work and I rolled up next to this guy with mangy long grey hair and a beard, riding a Harley, with a Vietnam Vet jacket on. I peered over at him and he looked back at me with the kind of grin you can only have while riding a motorcycle. I nodded, and said something like "Beautiful day for a ride". He responded with an enthusiastic "HELL YEAH" as the light turned green and he took off. We hit a couple more stop lights together and chatted it up a bit.

I've always felt that bikers is bikers. There are different types of bikes, and different types of bikers, but if you're on two wheels you're bretheren and sisteren. It was cool to have a dude riding a Harley not treat me like a jackass just becuase I ride a different type of bike.

: :
    This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
    BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

Originally posted by Rhodes aka Vamp View Post
      Between VA and WVA, i've never had another biker NOT return the wave.
      I was stopped off near Charlottesville, on way from WVA back to Richmond, at a gas station. My arse and hands were numb from the 90mph+ sprint i was making, back seat loaded with gear/stuff from the trip.
      I parked next to a Harley with a fatbob tank, very 'badazz' stiff looking ride. Big bubba walks out, im sittin on the ground stretched out getting feeling back in my extremeties. He starts talking. Actually initiated the convo, to my shock.

He was heading opposite way i came from and i gave him the bear and accident report. He was headed to Roanoke area. We talked gearstuff for a few... overall he asked me as he saddled up if my kat was trip friendly. I said yup and asked about his ride.
      He replied..."yeah, until you hit some rough road and then it scrambles your gizzards."
      Fired up his hawg, told me to ride safe and sped off.
      Around here, (Va & WVA) bikes command respect. Not Harley, not Suzuki, Kawi, etc. Being on two wheels is being on two wheels, and you can always tell the inexperienced riders around here by if they wave or not, before they get over the whole "Im too bad to wave at the guy riding something different" stage. My experience has been that if your on two wheels, you have other bikers respect here. I ride in some weather that most people here just wont do, ~40*F and raining etc. I enjoy riding. We also have a MASSIVE chapter of Ghost Riders M/C here. These guys are the genuine article and the originals. They are all Harley bound (everyone i've met) , but they see me on my SV... and wave. I wave at everyone (except evil)
      Currently Riding:
      1995 Katana 600
      V&H Exhaust
      Jet Kit

SOLD
      2003 SV650S - Orange Comet Project
      1987 XV700 Bobber
      REPO'D - 2004 Harley XL1200R

“Ill Keep Freedom, My Guns, & My Money, You Keep The Change

Comment

Originally posted by FASHER View Post
        and sisteren
        How about we just say "You're Kin" LOL

Comment

Well, to me its the same as well. Two wheels is two wheels.
          I too, being born/raised in mountains of wv.. the cold weather doesnt faze me.
          I just put the liner in my jacket... LOL.

Comment

i wave to all...
            *sigh* i've even caught myself waving to mopeds and scooters.....
            the kat may be the gixxer's retarded cousin, but she's a hefty broad... and i do loves me some girth between my thighs.
            # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING
            [02 gsx750f][03 cbr600rr]

Comment

Originally posted by kat_kitten View Post
              i wave to all...
              *sigh* i've even caught myself waving to mopeds and scooters.....
              I wave at every motorcycle, and usually figure those choosing to not return the wave are not confident enough on their riding skills to get a hand off the bars...

Biker population around here seems to be divided 80/20 with the cruiser riders making the bigger part. Harley riders are maybe 25-30% (and growing) of the cruiser folks.

When I rode the Kat, I got a return wave about 80% of the time. Surprisingly, the bandit gets me an even better return rate, upward of 90%.

OR

It might have been that only the REAL bikers were still on the road when I got the Bandit last september and those are the ones most likely to wave...

Should we wave scooters? All of them? Only the newish big ones?

Comment

Originally posted by Tech View Post
                Should we wave scooters? All of them? Only the newish big ones?
                lol they never wave back... then i feel like i got snubbed by a scooter... that hurts the ego lol
                the kat may be the gixxer's retarded cousin, but she's a hefty broad... and i do loves me some girth between my thighs.
                # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING
                [02 gsx750f][03 cbr600rr]

Comment

those guys on scooters have to have either the biggest set of brass beerings or a death wish. there is a guy i see on my commute that rides a tiny tiny moped looking scooter that i just couldnt get on in traffic if you paid me. he gets my wave and cuddos for steel nerves.

Comment

Two wheels is two wheels. That is why I don't wave to trikes, or those silly reverse trikes. J/K.

Around here, there is a lot of Harley guys, and they don't wave to anyone but other Harley guys. At least the vast majority of them. These are also the same majority that never wear a helmet, and the most gear they put on is their leather HD vest.

I'm not trying to bash HD or HD riders at all, just stating my observations to their imagined superiority.

Comment

I don't see an issue with waving to scooters, and I do. Most times they don't wave back, I just assume that either they don't get it or don't want to wave back. No worries though, it's all about the ride

Comment

i had a guy on a harley chat with me the other day on my way home from class. i had just gotten off the expressway and saw him turn onto the road i was on as i rode past. he pulled up next to me and we started chatting. he said he had a 600 back at the house he rides for fun. he thought my kat 600 was a 1000 i laughed a little and told him it was only a 600 and he was surprised. he wasn't the normal harley rider i run into around here though. he had a joe rocket jacket on, some cruiser boots, no helmet which he said he normally would be wearing, but he was just going around the corner although he knows he should've worn it. all in all, this was your typical rider, just out to enjoy the ride, doesnt matter what it's on. most the harley riders around here are not like him. no gear what so ever, maybe a leather vest, a bandana, and some sunglasses. that's all they wear. it's more of an image to them then anything else it seems, those are the ones that treat you like scum if you don't ride a harley.
                        2004 Katana
                        GO OWLS!!!

Comment

I only wave about half the time in the city... Don't take it personal, I don't like taking my hand off the grip when there are lots of cars around. When I do wave, I don't discriminate, but I don't normally go out of my way to initate.... I guess I have a fear of rejection.

Comment

Everyone on two should have a mutual respect for one another.

Me and my two buddies passed three cops on bikes last week and I did the biker wave, they did the same back.

I thought it was pretty cool, we were in full race leathers and just got finished tearing up 200 miles of twisties

All bikers should have each others backs
                            2007 Honda CBR600rr
                            2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                            sigpic

Comment

I always wave, but when you get the hardass on the cruiser who doesnt even look at you I kinda curl my fingers down slowly because let's face it, the wave is gay as hell if only one person does it

I'm also a fan of the nod when your clutch hand is busy. Up or down is kindof a paper or plastic thing, just depends how I'm feeling
                              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                              Originally posted by soulless kaos
                              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by kat_kitten View Post
                                lol they never wave back... then i feel like i got snubbed by a scooter... that hurts the ego lol

+1
                                sigpic
                                2008 GSX-650F / 1990 GSX-600F sold facebook

Comment

Working...
                                X