X

Looking for new places to ride

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for new places to ride

Anybody have any suggestions of good roads in the Atlanta area, or north Georgia in genral. It seems like every time I go riding I always end up on the same roads, so I am looking for new scenery and new curves.

If you would rather show me your favorite roads I'm always looking for people (safe & sane) to ride with.

The answers would probably come faster in the regional forum. Now that being said, you aren't but a few hours from the dragon, which means you aren't but a couple hours from some awesome roads. Wolf Pen Gap road from Suches is a favorite of many Buellers.

Just looking at Google Maps, I can find a dozen roads worth riding within two hours without really looking.
    Pics
    Pics
    No pics yet
    Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Go a little further north to western NC and easter TN areas. Asheville is where I live, lots of nice roads around here.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Get on US-19. Keep going north until you pass Topten, NC. Take the next left. Now take just about any road that splits off

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
        CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
        The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

yea man, you're lucky to live that close to awesome roads! how about 197 north of Clarksville, 17 north of Helen, 60, 180, 129, the Paul Russell Richard? Parkway, 28 from Highlands Up! all are great roads up that way. what are your "normal" roads?

Comment

Working...
          X