X

Rear Brake lines

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Brake lines

I am going to install my new HEL lines. I see the rear line is routed on the inside of the swing arm in front of the disk. I assume this is due to the heat of the pipe. I have a carbon pipe that does not heat up at all and I was thinking about routing the line on the outside. Has anyone else done it this way? Is there anything I am missing?
    Forgiveness is what defines us. For without forgiveness, humans would have annihilated themselves with endless retributions.

2004 600 Kat

Billet Aluminum frame clamps and custom delrin sliders for 98+ Kats
    http://www.burley1.ca

I think it has more to do with keeping it free from interference as the swingarm moves through its travel.
    Pics
    Pics
    No pics yet
    Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Be careful the first couple of runs with that new line in the rear. She'll lock up quick.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

When I did my aftermarket rear lines, I took the old hose (which has a pressed rubber piece around it where the swingarm clamps onto it -- 98+ Kats) and cut the pressed "line holder' away from the hose by making a single length-wise slash. That I then installed around the aftermarket line (bit of high-temp gasket silicone) and re-used the OEM clamp on the swingarm to keep the line routed properly.

Remember, the line has to have enough slack to deal with the full extension of the swingarm, and still not come into contact with anything else (tires, rotors, exhaust, etc) as the swingarm moves...

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
        CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
        The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
        X