X

GoPro Camera Mounting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GoPro Camera Mounting

I'm curious to see where people are planning to put their camera mounts.

I dunno how crazy I am about the adhesive pads... because they do tend to wear out over time...

So... where are you guys mounting them?
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

i put an adhesive to the top of helmet for starters, i also tried putting one on the swing arm on the left side, just i havent tried it with the camera using the bendable mount, it may not stick out far enough to be useful. i'm also thinking about using either an adhesive, or the suction cup mount to attach it to the front fender
    2004 Katana
    GO OWLS!!!

Comment

I'm putting an adhesive pad on the front of my bike, on the windscreen and one on the tail piece
      2007 Honda CBR600rr
      2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
      sigpic

Comment

I bought a special mount that replaces the bolts for one of the control pods on the ZX-14. This allows me to have it mounted to my handlebars and leaned out from behind the windshield. Mounting it to the platform is still under debate, whether I'm going to use small bolts or the high-speed rated velcro that came with the platform; I'm leaning to the bolts with wingnuts at this instant because of the potential speed of the bike. It also lets me run the camera without filming the speedo, which may prove useful later (don't want to document my speeds for the benefits of prosecution).

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
        CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
        The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

The suction cup is what most people use that I have seen. Everyone that has these post up on how you are going to mount it.
          www.mopowersports.com

Comment

I actually have the suction cup mount on the front of the bike just above the headlight. Then I moved the mount down so the camera is just above the headlight.

sigpic

Comment

Do you trust the suction cup (or tape) alone, or is there usually a "safety" cord of some kind also?

Comment

I mounted mine on top of the front fender. It is harder to get to since you have to get off the bike but it has alot less vibration there and you can still hear the motor if you want to. Theres no way I would trust the suction cup in the wind. maybe behind a windscreen but nothing else.
                98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home

http://www.ghall1.com/videos/motorcy...C%20VIDEOS.htm

Comment

Working...
                X