X

How long

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long

How long before vendors stop stocking Katana OEM parts and should I stock up now before the 110% mark up?

what would you stock up on ???
    filters, sparkplugs,brake pads???
    that kind of stuff will always be available in aftermarket
    Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Gaskets (stator and crank case), stearing beargings and assembly parts, gromets, clutch assembly, seat harness (locking device), engine gaskets, the like...

Maybe even a set of fairings

Or crank case bolts, stator cover bolts, or clutch cover bolts (they are not universal) I've spent as much as 9 bucks (from local dealer) for one bolt (wont happen again)
      Fork/swing arm assembly and maybe a new clock-
      Last edited by Box746; 03-02-2009, 06:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Dont stock up, for all you know the bike could go down next week and get totaled. then the parts would be worth nothing unless people on here would buy em. just wait to buy em; until you need em . my 2 cents
        Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
        Current Bikes:
        1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
        2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

Originally posted by STULER View Post
          Dont stock up, for all you know the bike could go down next week and get totaled. then the parts would be worth nothing unless people on here would buy em. just wait to buy em; until you need em . my 2 cents
          +1 Buy them as you need them. You'll always be able to find parts somewhere. Case in point, I owned a 1977 Honda CT125, a one year only trail model in the states. I sold it back in 2007 and even then 30 YEARS later I could still pick up brand new and used parts for it (even the rare parts) on eBay and from vendors in New Zealand and Thailand. The stuff's out there, just gotta dig for it.

If you want to stock up tho hit up Arsenic, I'm sure he'll sell you all his extra stuff.
          Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
          Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Just for the record, when I said the bike could go down next week, i meant it could but hopefullly not. !!!
            Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
            Current Bikes:
            1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
            2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

Stocking up for myself is how I got into the Kat maint parts business

Anyway, heard tell parts availability is a minimum of 10 years from end of production.

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
              CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
              The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
              X