X

helmet lock bolt?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• helmet lock bolt?

hi everyone, been working on my bike. i took off my bag holders for a cleaner look.my helmet lock was attach to one it has a star screw head to the bolt and a raised center.i want ot know how to get it off i still want to use it once i get it unbolted .will have to fab up a bracket to remount it .so if there's a tool or something to get it done thanks for the help !!!
    • i see you 2006 katana 600!!!! R.I.P. CP

Sounds like a security screw. You can probably get a set of those bits from your local harbor freight for less than $10
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

thanks steves ,i will stop by them tomorrow and see if they do thanks again !!!!!

Comment

Remember, there's a second helmet bracket under the seat too... So if you're traveling with just one helmet, you can leave the other one off (to use the one under the seat, pop the seat, slip the helmet over the catch, and relock the seat).

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
        CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
        The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

hey cp thanks ,i forgot i had that one. man duh to me .hey i got the advancer installed getting ready to install jet kit ivan's next thanks for the part !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!also i sent you a pm to !

Originally posted by steves View Post
          Sounds like a security screw. You can probably get a set of those bits from your local harbor freight for less than $10
          thanks again steves,i went to harbor freight and pick a set up only 3.99 on sale .
          Last edited by lucky69; 03-02-2009, 11:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

That tool is called a tamper- proof Torx bit!

The whole set is NAPA part#775-1564 cost $10.49
            Last edited by DOCTORNITRO; 03-02-2009, 12:17 PM.
            THE DOC
            RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
            Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
            mistake when you make it again.
            sigpic

Comment

cool thanks !!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X