No announcement yet.
X

Time for the MC Parking Slot Build...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can see your anchors are trip hazards ,guessing that is how your condo board will see them
    Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by rexazz2 View Post
      I can see your anchors are trip hazards ,guessing that is how your condo board will see them
      Thanks wizen-heimer. I am on the condo board
      With a bike parked next to them, they shouldn't be too much of a hazard, but you're right, they do pose some threat, and bright colors is about as much as I can do to make that right.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
      CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
      The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

looks good ,probably would have suggested keeping the anchors close to posts if you where doing again
        you know ,woulda shoulda coulda
        Get some bright orange traffic cones to set on top when the bikes are not around
        That will make everyone happy I'm sure LOL
        Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Should paint the anchors yellow and get a good flood lamp, or some fool will sue you.

Looks great!!

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
            A nasty blister on my palm opened up whiling doing that and I had to do bikeweek with a dime-sized hole in my palm...
            Work gloves , genius .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

nice

i like the idea of an integrated lock i don't know why
              voting member of the 750 kat as your first bike club

94 750 katana (my prechuuuusssss)
              82 1100 goldwing interstate (maybe a replacement for the kat)
              83 650 Yamaha maxim (will run some day)

Comment

I agree, someone is going to trip over those and get hurt. It is in front of the sidewalk, i can see the residents getting upset. The first person that gets hurt will probably get those yanked. They can't open themselves up to a liability.

Scenario: person walking in with arms full of grocery bags, doesn't see anchors, trips doing a nice face plant and the groceries bust all over the place. They break their fit as well as their wrist, due to the incident

Also, I wouldn't want people walking by my motorcycle like that to get to the sidewalk. I would be afraid that my bike would get scratched or knocked over. I try to park my bikes out of the way.

The better placement would have been in a corner somewhere with no walkways around it.
                Last edited by Zepp; 03-10-2009, 06:39 AM.
                2007 Honda CBR600rr
                2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                sigpic

Comment

You missed a spot!

(Somebody had to say it.)

Looks good. I don't know if I'd bother with the ramps though. with the small height difference between the pad and the rest of the parking lot you probably don't need them and with them that thin I'd guess they break up pretty quick. I don't know about the placement of those anchors. Maybe get creative with some painted lines to encourage people to walk around the pad instead of across it to get to the sidewalk?
                  Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                  HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Marc congrats! glad to hear that your bike will be safely locked up
                    I Quit KatRiders!

Comment

Working...
                    X